CHAPTER 25:

June’s POV:

Xander looked at me for a while like he was trying to read me.

I mustered courage to say my next words “did you see me naked?”

*********

Next thing I heard was a hearty laughter. It was like music.

“is that why you’re so tense?” he slowly calmed down.

Shyly, I nodded.

“well, like I said I’m not like that; I have self-control secondly, I wasn’t even in the room, I had to go check on something and before I could get back, Angela was dressing you up. She’d entered my room in search of me but when she heard you screaming, she sprang into action” That made a whole lot more sense. Now I feel bad for judging him.

After everything he’s done for me.

I don’t know why every now and then, I keep looking for a way to expose the worst in him; it’s not like I could even handle it if he got really upset.

Xander completely sank into the bed. He must be really tired.

Unlike me, he doesn’t sleep a lot.

He might be a supernatural creature but I believe everyone needs sleep.

“Xander?” he looked at me.

“I’m sorry” was all I could say. “for what?” confusion was laced in his voice.

“I b-began to judge you. Thinking you were the one who got me out of the bathroom. Please forgive me” Silence. An uncomfortable one at that.

“you are forgiven though I don’t blame you for thinking like that” his voice was calm. I still wasn’t happy. Xander suddenly held my hand.

“come ‘ere” I was lost in his silver eyes. It took a little while before I began to scooch closer.

There was a bit of space between us but Xander’s hand snaked around my waist and pulled me closer.

“that’s better” he placed his head atop mine.

I felt like a child that couldn’t sleep without her teddy.

Well at some point I couldn’t but that’s by the way. If I think about it, Xander is the child and I’m the teddy.

I don’t mind either way; as long as I’m close to his cool skin.

I mean who wouldn’t want to cuddle up to a hot vampire every night?

Master or not, Xander made me feel special with the little things he does for me.

My eyes began to close with a blush lingering on my face.

*********

This morning felt really nice. The birds were singing at least from outside. There was a little cool breeze.

And the smell of Xander was everywhere.