CHAPTER 16:

Paloma in the media:
June's POV:

Paloma was dead serious.

I couldn't understand how she could say master isn't nice.

Who am I to argue?

She's been here longer that I have; speaking of which.

"you haven't told me how long you've been here" Paloma's face dropped.

"since I was 7 making it 10 years. Things were difficult for us and so my parents thought it would be a good idea to run away but we were captured after living off the map for three months. My mum and elder sister were raped and my dad was beaten to death in my presence. Our captors found favor in me and I was sent to the vampire king. He wanted to kill me but decided to give me to his first son. The prince made me his personal servant from that day onward"

Paloma has been so much. I could see her trying to hold back her tears.

All humans are currently suffering and there's nothing we can do to make it stop.

"then how could you say he's not nice?" master could've killed her within the first three days!

I hope she isn't trying to scare me.

"well he's nice to a hand full of people but no one wants to get on his bad side"

That makes more sense.

"what about Angela?" I knew the answer to this but it's still fun to ask and maybe get a reaction out of it.

"she's by far the nicest vampire I've ever encountered. She's in touch with her humanity than most of her kind. When I first arrived her, it was Angela that helped me. She was sort-of my friend but with the fact that she always travels, it makes it difficult" I knew she liked Angela.

Who doesn't actually?

The fresh air blew through my hair and a small smile crawled on my face.

"I love your hair" she caught me off guard.

Mostly when people see me, they call me strange but she's the first person to compliment me for who I am.

"Thanks" I was about to say something when the door slammed shut.

Master's back.

Paloma became tense and scared.

I would've told her to calm down but that won't get anyone anywhere.

"welcome back my prince" she bowed.

"you're free to tend to your other duties" master rudely dismissed her as he ran his fingers through his hair making it seriously messy but presentable.

"as you wish. Have a good day sire" that was all before she got up and left.

"h-how was your day?" I tried to break the awkward silence.

"kind of good, what about you? I hope I didn't interrupt you and Paloma?"

"n-no you didn't" even if he did, there's nothing I could do about it.

"she's my new friend" I couldn't stop smiling like it was an achievement.

Well it is if you grew up in a world where your family was killed and you lived in chains.

"that's good" he didn't seem so interested maybe because he's tired.

He's always tired.

From day one.

I guess the workload is too much for the first born to handle.

"urmm Xander?" master cocked a brow.

"I know you're stressed but would you like to talk about it?" I want to render as much aid as I possibly can after doing so much for me it's the least, I could do.