CHAPTER 26:

Xander and Hunter practically hate me at this point so…
Xander’s POV:

The room was too quiet for me. Call me an idiot for sending June away but I really miss her.

Though we don’t talk much. Listening to her heartbeat or pages flipping was ok for me.

Her damn presence puts me at ease no matter what she does.

She might not understand but her presence was more than enough for me.

I really should start talking to her more. Maybe ask about her likes and dislike or something like that.

I barely know about her and I’m bound to find out more. I’ve noticed there is something wrong with me.

Never have I ever craved someone’s presence and touch before.

It’s childish to think I can’t sleep without her being incredibly close to me.

Mainly because I love the hot temperature her body produces and her incredibly soft hair.

Either way, it was becoming something I couldn’t be without. And that might prove to be a problem.

I’ve never felt like this towards anyone before. This feeling was foreign.

Maybe she’s just a really good companion is all. I mean who wouldn’t want to be with her?

She’s so gentle and kind to everyone rather they deserve it or not. She’s also really calm and has self-esteem issues.

I’ve seen pets that have high self-esteem when they are with their species but hers seemed to be natural.

What she said yesterday was funny.

About me seeing her naked.

She should realize by now that if that’s what I wanted, I would’ve asked her to strip and there’s nothing anyone could do or say to stop me.

There was a knock on the door, pulling me out of my thoughts.

I opened the door to find one of my guards.

“what?” I grumbled in distaste.

“we’ve found it sir. It’s not far from here”

“thank you” was all I said before shutting the door.

The special place I’ve been looking for; a place I’m sure June would like was found.

Now all that’s left is for June to come back.

Speaking of which, I haven’t seen her in a while.

Maybe I should go look for her. With that in mind, I left the room and the first person I ran into was Paloma. That’s odd.

I thought she and June went into the woods. Maybe she went with Seth. As much as I hate that idea, it could be true.

“sorry your highness” she bowed her head.

“where’s June?”