CHAPTER 32:

Quick FYI; this is just chapter 31 but in Xander’s POV
Xander’s POV:

I was quite pleased with what I wore. Mainly because I knew it would irritate my father.

We all agreed to wear the same thing. Tucked in black long-sleeve shirt with black suit pants.

The only difference between three of us is how our buttons are. I met with the rest of my family behind the stage. Waiting for everyone to settle down.

My mind began to drift and June’s face popped into my head.

I wonder what she’s wearing. I hope Angela did a good job on her.

“really Xander?” mother rolled her eyes.

“what? I dressed better than last time” the last feast we had; I wasn’t in a good mood so I dressed like I was going to the gym.

He definitely wasn’t happy.

That was the first time in so long that my father’s face wasn’t pale.

He was so mad his face turned red and he sort-of looked like a human.

I wasn’t the only person who found it funny. Hunter kept on grinning through-out the feast.

He tried his hardest to stifle his laughter.

“he’s right. Surprisingly I put more effort in these things more than you” Hunter smirked while tying his hair in a really messy bun.

“but I work way more than you” I stuck my tongue out.

“couldn’t you try a little more to cover your chest?” Angela popped out of nowhere. Almost startling me.

Almost.

“we can worry about Xander later. We’re about to be called out” father pushed me and Angela further apart.

Like every year, my father gets called first followed by mother, Angela, Hunter and then me.

When I was finally called out, I was greeted by millions of cheers and squeals.

Looks like people cheered me on more that my father. That should burn a little. To add more drama, I waved and sent a wink before sitting down.

Call me a playboy but every girl here is swooning. I’m 100% sure that June falls in that category. Father stood up with a smile.

“it’s a pleasure to welcome you all here once again to celebrate the welcoming of-” at that point, father’s voice faded. There was no way in hell I’d listen to his speech.

Literally; I would rather die. I slouched, leaning on one arm of the chair with my head resting on my fist.

When I spotted June, my heart stopped.

Or did it almost start beating again? She was in a beautiful short black flair dress.

Her hair was in a tight bun and she wore flats.

She seems to have been staring at me for a while. Not like I could blame her.

Every girl here has been staring at me. I just choose to ignore them because I belong to one person only and she’s not even a vampire.

June kept on looking at me like I was a foreigner.

Her friends were busy chatting but I’ve got her attention. Maybe she was only staring at my chest.

I had a fun idea to wink at her.

Not surprisingly, her face turned red. Seems like I have an effect on her. But she’s easily impressed.