CHAPTER 19:

Hunter’s mad at me for excluding him from the story in a while and you guys not caring so…
June’s POV:

After the touchy moment with Xander, I realized I knew very little about him.

I couldn’t believe his own father did those things to him for the sake of the kingdom.

Don’t get me wrong; his motives were just but his methods were beyond wrong. It’s sad to hear that’s how he grew up as a prince.

If I were in his shoes, I would’ve ended up depressed or something. And I cried yesterday.

For what reason? I don’t know. When I thought about it earlier, I face palmed myself.

Why was I acting so stupid and emotional? It makes me look weaker than I already am.

That’s because you are idiot my subconscious self said. Well that is true but there was something heartbreaking about masters’ story.

He has a lot of bottled up rage and the sooner he lets it out, the better.

We haven’t spoken much since yesterday. I guess I feel awkward for crying. Xander and I are having lunch. He’s currently talking to Hunter but he looks and sounds irritated by him.

Ever since he threatened me, I don’t feel safe not like I’ve felt safe before but now it’s worse than before.

I’m sitting on Xander’s left lap because Hunter is on his right. The fear of him spanking my butt again was hovering in my head. Xander’s grip tightened n my thigh.

I’m guessing he read my thoughts. Whoops. I should just let my mind go blank. It’ll cause less problems.

“c’mon when’re you going to stop treating me like this” he wailed gaining my attention.

I lost interest in their conversation long time ago but Hunter brought me back…unfortunately.

Xander still didn’t respond.

He behaved like Hunter never even existed. It was harsh to watch but he DID have amazing acting skills.

“you can’t treat me more sh*tty that you usually do” He actually could but I’m betting he’s keeping shut about it.

Xander sighed.

“I’ll forgive you on one condition. Apologize to June” Was he serious? He didn’t need to take it that far because of me.

Afterall I wouldn’t want to cause a rift between them. He was treating Hunter worse than usual because of me?

I thought he’d forgiven him by now.

He looked just as surprised as I was. Yeah, he’s mean but I’ve forgiven him for the most part. It’s also weird for a vampire to apologize to a human. Speaking of which,

Xander has done that a lot.

“you can’t be serious” he was dumbfounded and disgust was laced in his voice.

“I’ve said all I can say” Xander casually sipped the blood in his glass.

A defeated sigh escaped his lips before he turned to me.

“I’m sorry” Hunter muttered, not even looking in my direction.

“come again. I couldn’t hear you” a smirk played on Xander’s lips. He was enjoying every second of this.

There was no need for him to apologize again. This first one was enough.

I was slightly pulled out of my thoughts when his thumb gently stroked my thigh.