"Hey Dalton cheer up, you can ride shotgun when we go home." The boys look at me confused. "We are going to a diner for dinner which is somewhere here and then Dalton rides shotgun, OK?" I ask giving them a look that says 'No arguments.' They nod and close their eyes but I know that they are well awake, my mind drifts to Ryder and I's relationship in the past. "Mommy!!" I snap out of my trance and swerve to the left and off of the road, I close my eyes and check my sons for any signs of injury. I close my eyes and even my breathing out before pulling back onto the road, the boys talk silently and I give them privacy by not eavesdropping into their conversations.

"OK, we're here." I announce as I pull up into an empty parking space, the boys cheer and hop out. I laugh and head inside after them, I see them sitting in a booth in the far corner. I walk up to them and sit down, they continue to examine the menu before putting it down, I settle on a coke and fries, the boys order a burger and coke. A waitress walks up to our booth and I sniff the air, I notice that the diner is run by werewolves so I shouldn't have any trouble with keeping my sons from talking about the supernatural stuff that they learn in school. "So what did you guys do at school?" I ask them, their eyes light up and they grin from ear to ear.

"Well today we learnt what mates are and about shifting." Dalton replies eagerly, I feel a pang in my chest when he mentioned mate. "And we learnt that a mate is the most important thing in a werewolf's life and that alpha's are very strong." Layton says, I feel a pain in my chest as they talk about mate's. Uh, Flame what type of car do you have? Nicole's voice is filled with worry making me be scared. I have a silver Porsche. Why? I ask cautiously, I feel Nicole's panic through the link. Where are you? She whispers, I sigh and look around. At a diner not far from Dark Moon pack. I say, I feel a wave of panic from Nicole and I straighten up looking around for danger.

You need to get out of there, we are here and... Fuck. Too late, don't let him see you and mask your scent. Nicole demands, at any other time I would have growled at her for ordering me around but this was an emergency. I pull my hood up as Ryder's scent fills my nostrils, I feel a tap on my arm and I look at Dalton and Layton who were looking at me in worry. "Mommy, do you have a mate?" I freeze and look at them, I look down finding the table the most interesting thing in the universe. "What do you want?" I hear Jason's voice but it sounded strained. "I don't care." I shiver in delight at Ryder's tired and stressed voice, Dalton and Layton give me weird looks as our food arrives.

"Man you need to eat." I hear Jason say, I smile. "I can't eat, not till I find her." Ryder growls out. "You know as much as it might seem that she hates you, she loves you and she certainly won't forgive you when she finds out that you have starved yourself." Jace growls causing my sons to jump, I feel eyes on us and I close my eyes. Jace get them to look away. I order him, I feel his eyes widen, don't ask me how I just do. Holy shit that's you and is that Dalton and Layton? He asks me, I send him a mental picture of me nodding.

"Ryder, go freshen up with the others while Nicole, Jason and I order the food." Now I only feel 3 pairs of eyes on me, I feel a presence behind me and Dalton growls. I laugh and look behind me to see Nicole, Jace and Jason standing there staring at us. "Close your mouths." I say, they snap out of it and hug me making Dalton and Layton growl. "Dalton, Layton this is my brothers and your uncles Jace and Jason and my best friend Nicole who is also your aunty." I introduce, Dalton stops growling and hugs the three of them as does Layton.

I hear the washroom door open and close, I lock eyes with a pair of hazel ones. The world seems to freeze and it's only me and him standing there, my breathing shallows and I feel myself get dizzy. I feel two tugs on my sleeve and I look down at Layton and Dalton, they look at me and wait for me to do something, I turn around and place a wad of cash on the table. "Dalton take the keys and go sit in the car with your brother please." Dalton nods and runs out with Layton, I look at Jace silently pleading him to tell Ryder to not chase me but Jace looks away.

Dalton put the keys on my seat. I demand and watch Ryder's every move. Nicole move out of my way. Nicole moves and I pretend to look at everyone, I go towards Jason and stop. "I promise to see you soon." I whisper and run out to my car, I jump in and zoom out of the parking lot. "Boys close your eyes." I huff out and they immediately obey, I swerve as a car comes towards me. Nearly there.

I cross onto Nathaniel's territory and hit the brake causing the car to swerve and face the forest, I see Ryder's car and it doesn't look like it is going to be stopping, patrol comes out to stop him but I know better. I turn the steering wheel and race towards the pack house, I pull up at the driveway and get out followed by Dalton and Layton. I burst through the door catching Nate's attention, he looks at me and the kids. "I know." He says, I sigh and crouch down so I'm eye level with my boys.

"I want you two to go to my room and don't come down unless I say so." Dalton grabs Layton's arm and practically drags him upstairs, I walk into the kitchen and grab a drink. I go to Nate's office to see him sitting on his couch looking at an album, I laugh and sit next to him. "Hannah looks gorgeous in that dress." Nate compliments, the picture was taken on his wedding day and I was the maid of honor.  "Dalton looks adorable in that one." I point out as the office door crashes open, Nate snaps the book shut and sits in his office chair.

I put my feet on the coffee table and Jace smirks. "What?" I question him but he just shakes his head. "You and your pack members are trespassing." Nate states the obvious and I roll my eyes, Ryder growls at him and I glare at him. "Flame is coming with me." Ryder announces, I stand up abruptly and face him. "Oh hell to the now. I ain't goin nowhere with you." I say with an accent, I open my mouth to say something else but a cry of distress cuts me off.

Dalton runs into the room and all eyes are him, Dalton hunches over to catch his breath and he looks at me with fear and worry. "What happened?" I say walking over to him. "Mommy, Layton fell over and his foot and wrist doesn't look right" That was all it took for be to go flying out the room with Dalton, I hear multiple footsteps behind me and I know that everyone is following me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you guys liked this chapter