What do I do?

Flame's Mark is in the picture

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ryder's POV

I feel around for Flame but only come across cold sheets, my eyes snap open and I look around the room for her. I strain my ears to see if Flame was in the shower, nothing. I see a note on the bedside table with my name on it, I pick it up cautiously not knowing what it might say.

Ryder

Didn't want to wake you so I decided to head over to the pack house for some fun, feel free to join me

Your mate

I breathe a sigh of relief glad that the note didn't contain bad news, I walk into the bathroom and see some fresh clothes for me. I take a quick shower and head downstairs to the kitchen, I grab a granola bar and head out across the street to where Flame said she would be. Flame, you still at the pack house? I ask her. Yeah, I am. She replies and I get a rush of happiness that wasn't mine. Our mate's happy. Econ sighs, I smile to myself and step into the pack house.

Follow the laughter and you'll find me. She hints, I laugh and greet my future in-laws who were helping out here. I get another wave happiness from Flame and hear children's laughter, I follow the sound up 3 flights of stairs and into a game room for kids. "OK, OK. I'll play." I hear Flame's voice but can't see her, all the kids giggle and move apart from each other revealing a blind folded Flame, I lean against the door frame with my arms crossed just watching her. "Someone spin me." Flame says and a little girl with pig tails spins her around, Flame stops spinning around and sticks her hands out and walks around trying to catch the kids.

The kids giggle a she nearly walks into the wall. "Hmm, I wonder where they are." Flame says curiously, she walks past me and slips. I catch her with one arm around her stomach and the other holding her shoulder, she removes the blindfold and grins sheepishly. "Again, again" The kids shout, Flame laughs and stands up straight. "OK, but Ryder's the one that is blindfolded." Flame says, my eyes widen in surprise. Everything goes black and I feel myself be spinned around. "Pretend that you can't smell their scents." Flame whispers, I hum in response and stop spinning. I put my hands in front of me and start feeling around, I hear a giggle to my right and I spin to my right and walk that way. "Wall!" Flame shouts, I freeze and stretch my hands in front and sure enough there's a wall there.

I hear a giggle and I turn around and come in contact with skin, sparks shoot up my arms informing me that I have caught my mate. I hear a child wailing and Flame pulls away from my touch, I remove the blindfold to see Flame heading out the door. I follow after her into a nursery. "Mrs.Coolman go back to sleep, I'll look after him." Flame says and the lady walks out leaving us with a crying child. How do you stop a child from crying? I ask my wolf. How am I supposed to know? He huffs. Flame cradles the infant in her arms and sits in the rocking chair, she hums a lullaby but the child continues to cry. Flame starts to sing a lullaby to the child.

Lavender's blue, dilly dilly,

Lavender's green

When I am king, dilly dilly,

You shall be queen

Who told you so, dilly dilly,

Who told you so?

'Twas my own heart, dilly dilly,

That told me so

Call up your men, dilly, dilly

Set them to work