Old friend

Ryder's POV

"Up" I demand, she lazily lifts her arms up so I can remove her shirt and replace it with my one. She wiggles out of her jeans and cuddles up with the pillow, I watch her eyes close. She's carrying our pup. Econ says with pride, I smile. We're going to be a father. We are so lucky. I say to him, I look out her window at the magnificent view of the forest. Flame has a good taste, I sit at the desk that we share. A letter catches my eye and I pick it up, my eyes skim over the letter.

Who the fuck is Nathaniel? And how dare he call our Flame Flay? Econ growls out, I growl as thoughts fly into my mind. The phone rings and I pick it up. "Hello, Ryder speaking." I speak with confidence. "Hello, is Flame there?" The voice asks, the voice sounds like a male and my wolf growls. "She's sleeping. Who is this?" I growl out, the male growls, I feel my rage rising at the disrespect. I open my mouth but the phone gets taken from my hand. "Hello?" Flame asks in her sweet voice. I decide to listen in on her conversation and I silently thank the goddess for the heightened hearing.

"Hello Flame, I believe you already know who I am" He says, Flame smirks. "No I do not. Care to elaborate?" She says, I smile and pull her onto my lap. "Oh for fuck sake" The male sighs, Flame laughs. "Why were you enraging my mate?" She asks, I hear laughter at the other end. "I was checking his temper Flay" He says after sobering up. "Sure you were." She says sarcastically. "Anyway why did you call Nathaniel." She asks leaning her head on my shoulder, I growl and she looks up at me.

"I see he doesn't like you speaking to another male." He says, Flame sighs loudly. "Anyway, the party has been moved up to today..." He trails off letting the information sink in. "What the fuck? How the hell are we supposed to get there in time? And that is if Ryder wants to which I am sure I can get him to." Flame rambles on. "Flay, Flay. Calm down, I have it sorted. I'm sending a private jet for you and you can bring your mate and your beta's" He says softly, Flame breathes deeply. "Fine." She groans out. "Love you." He says, I growl at him.

Flame hangs up and I turn her around. "Who was that?" I say breathing deeply in anger. "Nathaniel a old friend of mine. He's the alpha of Blackforest pack" She explains rubbing my arm, calming me down. "Now come on it is formal so you have to wear a tie, I'll help you tie it if you like?" She suggests, I nod and walk into the bathroom to have a shower.

Flame's POV

Nathaniel sure knows how to piss someone off Aiyana states. Yeah, I thought Ryder was going to shift in anger. I reply. When a werewolf feels a strong emotion such as anger they automatically shift into their wolf. I change into a bright red floor length gown and I settle on natural make-up. Ryder walks out of the shower and I smile, I tie his tie and he grins at me. I already told Nicole and she should be ready soon with Hunter.

I walk outside to see Nicole leaning on my car, I glare at her and she quickly steps away from the car. "Good girl" I say and pat her head, she growls playfully at me and I laugh. "I'm driving us to the airport. No arguments." I direct the last part to Ryder who was about to say something.

3 hours later

Ryder's POV

I shake Flame's shoulder lightly. "Baby, wake up." I whisper, she groans and turns the other way. I laugh and decide on just carrying her out to the car, I lift her up and she snuggles into my chest, I carefully walk outside with the others to an awaiting car. "Alpha Nathaniel is waiting." The driver bows in respect and I nod, I sit Flame onto my lap and then we're off.

Flame stirs in her sleep and I smile, her eyes flutter open and she smiles. "How'd you sleep?" I ask. "Good." She mutters, she leans onto my shoulder and looks out the window. "What happened to the sassy Flame." The driver asks, I glare at the top of his head, Flame looks at the driver and slaps the back of his head. "And since when did you become a driver Jake?" She asks moving into the middle and then leans forward so she can see his face. "Nothing." He mumbles, Flame and Nicole grin. "What did you do?" The girls ask, in hear him gulp. "N-nothing." He stammers, Flame smirks and leans closer to his ear.

I make a move to pull her back to me but Nicole stops me, I glare at her snd she points in Flame's direction. "Fine, I'll just ask Nathaniel." She whispers, Nicole starts laughing and Flame smirks triumphantly. "Dude, she will ask him. Trust me she is the master at these type of things." Nicole chokes out. "Oh really? Then how are you going to get him to tell?" Jake asks, Flame grins. "Simple I tell his mate to put a sex ban on him till he tells me and then he will blame you." She pokes Jake when she says 'you' "That's not gonna work." Jake says in a sing song voice.

"Actually you're right it won't work so I'll get her to put a no touching ban on him." She pauses dramatically. "And males can't resist not touching their mate." Flame makes a face of pity. Poor guy. Econ says, I agree with him. "Then he will blame you and you can continue being a driver. It's a win-win for me." She says and leans into me. "Fine, I started a food fight at lunch." He sighs. "Typical." Flame says. "Says the one that started a prank war in the whole pack." Jake says looking back at her.

"Ah good times. We should do it again." She says her eyes lighting up. "No!" Jake yells. "Why not?" Nicole and Flame pout. "Last time we had to clean up while you two ran off and hid." Jake accuses, Flame and Nicole laugh. "We were in the attic." Nicole says. "What the fuck?" Jake says as the car stops, Flame looks out and laughs. "Traffic jam." Nicole laughs and Nicole and Flame share a look. "Don't you dare!" Jake warns. The girls laugh and hop out of the car. "Fuck!" Jake curses, he picks up his cell and calls someone.

"The girls are at it again." He mutters, I see them run into thww forest. What are they going to do? I ask Econ.

Flame's POV

We run into the forest, I slow down so I don't trip up and hurt my child, Nicole slows down too and we start walking. I sigh and start a light jog, we exit the trees and to where the main problem for the traffic jam is. I see two males fighting and two females looking scared. "They must be their mates." Nicole whispers, subtly pointing. I nod and I see the guys making their way through the cars, I wave and look back at the fight. "Oi!!" I shout, the males stop fighting and stare at us. "Who the hell are you?" Male number 1 asks, Ryder growls and I smile. "Flame, who are you?" I say smiling, their eyes widen and they immmeditaly start apologising to me.

I look at Nicole. "Hey!!" Nicole and I shout together, they freeze and mutter a 'Sorry.' "Stop apologising and tell us why you two were fighting?" Nicole says, I feel an arm snake around my waist and I know that it's Ryder by the sparks jumping around. The males pull their mates to their sides. "My name's Luke and this is my mate Lia." One of them says, I nod at him. "And my name is Marcus and this is my mate Flix." The other says, I smile and we go our separate ways. I sit back in the car and for the guys to come and sit with me, after a couple of minutes I get sick of waiting and I hop out again. "Hey, are we going or not?" I ask them, they nod and sit back in the car.