Council

The werewolf council's seal

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ryder's POV

It's been four fucking hours and Flame is still working. It's not good for her health. Econ says, I hear Flame yawn and I look up from my book that I had borrowed from Jace. I see Flame's eyes start to droop, she looks down at a paper and straightens up. I see a look of panic flash through her eyes before she sighs and puts the paper down just as Nicole walks in. I stand up and walk over to Flame, I lift her up and sit in her place putting her on my lap. She happily puts her head on my shoulder, Nicole looks at us and smiles and I see the look of longing in her eyes. "You called Alpha." Nicole says and Flame gets up from my lap instantly making me cold, she walks over to her window and looks out. "How's it going with Hunter?" Flame asks sounding tired. "Is everything ok Alpha? You sound tired" Nicole says avoiding the subject of my beta.

"Nicole, answer my question." Flame orders, Nicole looks at me for help but I raise my hands up in surrender. Nicole sighs and sits down on Flame's bed. "He won't talk to me." Nicole says as tears stream down her face. "Come here." Flame says in a soft tone, Nicole stands up and walks into Flame's embrace. "What did I do wrong?" Nicole asks, I feel anger rising at Hunter's actions. How can he do that to her? Econ growls in anger. Don't know, but it's not in his nature to do this. I sigh catching their attention. I smile "I'll have a talk to Hunter. Though he must have a reason for this, it's not in his nature to do this.He's always wanted a mate." I say and Nicole nods in thanks.

"Now why did you call me here, obviously not to talk about Hunter." Nicole says stepping out of her arms, Flame shakes her head. "That's all I wanted to know. You can go." Flame says, I hear the lie in her voice. "Flame, what's the problem?" Nicole asks worried. "Nothing I can't handle, I was going to ask for your opinion but I already came up with one." Flame says and slides the the piece of paper that she was reading onto the floor out of Nicole's sight.

I pick the paper up as Flame ushers Nicole out of the room. It has the council's seal on it but why? "Nicole, go rest." I hear Flame sigh. I unfold the paper and read it:

Dear Alpha Flame Mathew Thunderstorm

We send this letter to inform you that you need to make allies. We need to know if you want to have the same allies as your old pack, rumor has it that you have found your mate and that he is an alpha of your neighboring pack. If this is confirmed you need to merge or hand over your pack to that alpha, we will be visiting you soon to see how you are leading. If we find any faults in your pack we will announce another leader.

Like every other pack, your pack needs two alpha's. It is up to you who you think is fit for the role but we as council members must approve of it to because you are an inexperienced alpha. If you can find another alpha to guide you through this mess then we will not bother you.

We send you our best wishes and we will see you in approximately 5 business days.

Werewolf Council.

"I thought she'd never leave." I hear a voice say. "Ryder? Ryder." I hear Flame's voice, panic clear through her voice. "Ryder." She shakes my shoulder. "Huh?" I snap out of my daze. "You zoned out and you read my personal letter." Flame says taking the letter from and throwing it in the bin, I stare at the letter. "Why'd you do that? You need that." I say getting up to get the letter but Flame stops me. "No I don't, I have Alpha's informed and they are ready to be my allies and they are the same ones from my previous pack and some others. I have my dad to guide me so everything's fine meaning that the council does not need to visit." She says and strokes my cheek. "But..." She trails off and my eyes snap to her. "But?" I ask, she shakes her head and turns her computer off. "Don't worry about it." She says and leads me to the kitchen.