Old Habits Die Hard

Start from the beginning

"I told you I was sorry."

"Sorry isn't the magic fix-all you think it is, Jungkook."

"Trust me, I know," he concurred. "Can't you see I'm trying though? Trying to make things right?"

"Pinning me down is your way of trying to make things right?" you wondered angrily.

Jungkook shrugged. "Well, you wouldn't stop hitting me, so..."

"You put me in a situation where I could've gotten a fucking bullet to the head!"

"No, that big mouth of yours did."

You scoffed at him.

"What, are you saying I'm wrong?" Jungkook questioned. He then leaned in, almost close enough for your noses to touch. "Were you or were you not gonna call Jiho a crybaby bitch?"

When you didn't respond, a smirk plastered itself on Jungkook's lips.

"Wipe that smile off your face," you commanded. "You look stupid."

"Yes, ma'am," he chuckled lightly. "My apologies for looking stupid in your presence."

"Just shut up and get off of me."

"If I do, do you promise not to hit me?"

"Maybe," you replied in a curt manner.

"I won't take my chances on a 'maybe'," Jungkook imparted.

"I'll smother you in your sleep."

"Why? Got a kink for that shit?" he simpered.

"Yeah, draining the life out of annoying bastards really turns me on," you deadpanned.

"To each their own."

You glared at him. "Enough with the jokes, Kook. My brother is expecting us home this evening. We can't just stay here like this forever."

"I wouldn't mind."

"Yeah? Well, I would."

"Oh, c'mon, Y/N. You know this place would be paradise if my father wasn't around," Jungkook proclaimed.

"Why don't you just take over for him now then, hm?" you remarked. "Then you'd have this 'paradise' all to yourself."

Jungkook released one of your wrists in order to brush some hair out of your face. "It's not paradise unless you're here with me."

You turned your head away, signaling to him that you didn't want to be touched. He got the hint and withdrew his hand. Nevertheless, he remained on top of you.

Jungkook sighed. "Still hate me, huh?"

"I don't hate you, Jungkook. I hate the things you do," you conveyed.

He stared at you, appearing confused.

"You think being sweet to me will make everything right with us again," you explained. "That if you lay on the charm and charisma, I won't be angry anymore." You then faced him and gazed deeply into his eyes. "But it doesn't work like that. Especially not after what happened today." You paused for a moment to collect your thoughts. "I agreed to come here with you knowing full well what your father does, and for that, I blame myself. However, I never agreed to be involved in any of your family's business matters. You're the one who got me involved, Jungkook. When the Chois asked me to join the meeting, you should've put your foot down; you should've wanted to keep me safe. But you didn't. You were too caught up in your feud with Jungmin and Jiho to care about anyone other than yourself. News flash: the world doesn't revolve around you. Get off your high horse and try considering other people's feelings for a change." You took one final breath before finishing what you had to say. "I hate that you did those things today, and I hate that you'll likely do them in the future too."