A Simple Favor

"'Sup, fuckface?"

"Piss off, Jeon."

You hated when your brother, Yoongi, invited his best friend over.

Jungkook was completely insufferable. He was cocky, irritating, and a straight-up moron, if you were being honest. Unfortunately for you though, you were forced to see him nearly every day.

You were passing Jungkook in the hallway. He was heading to Yoongi's room, and you were going to your own. However, out of distaste for the older man's presence, you stopped in your tracks, your hand on the doorknob. "Don't you have someplace else you could be?"

"And pass up the opportunity to grace you with my existence?" Jungkook smirked.

Rolling your eyes, you went into your room without saying another word. You made sure to lock the door just in case Jungkook tried to barge in and bug the fuck out of you. Since he was spending the night with Yoongi, you decided to text your best friend to come over as well. You'd need her to keep you sane tonight.

Jihyeon arrived about thirty minutes later. You guys put on a horror movie to watch and riffled through your secret snack stash. You had to hide all the good stuff from Jungkook because he liked to steal shit when you weren't around.

Popping a few M&M's into her mouth, Jihyeon said, "Y'know, I don't get why hate Jungkook so much."

You had been bitching about the older man for the last five minutes, and by now, your best friend was likely sick of it, wanting to watch the film in peace. But you didn't care. You needed to complain a little more. "How? You've met him, haven't you?"

"Well, duh."

"Then you know he's an asshole."

She shook her head. "I don't think he is. He just enjoys picking on you, that's all."

"It's annoying. He never leaves me alone."

"Maybe he's in love with you," Jihyeon giggled.

"Absolutely not," you disagreed. "I hate him and he hates me."

"Whatever you say," she shrugged.

You sighed at her comment. Jihyeon wasn't here all the time, so she hadn't truly witnessed how infuriating Jungkook could really be.

A bit into the movie, you started to have a craving for popcorn. Since you had already seen it before, you told Jihyeon not to pause it and that you'd be right back. You noticed Yoongi's door was still closed as you left your room, relieving you of the fact that you probably wouldn't run into Jungkook.

Your hopes were crushed when you entered the kitchen though.

There he was, standing in front of the microwave, scrolling on social media. You groaned at the sight of him, loud enough for him to hear. Jungkook looked up from his cell phone, his brows furrowed in confusion. "What?"

"Why're you in here?"

"Why were you born?" he fired back.

"Good one," you replied sarcastically. "Hurry up."

"I'm not God. I can't control the speed at which popcorn pops."

"You took the last bag?!"

"Uh, yeah?"

You glared at him. "You're a dick."

"I was hungry," Jungkook retorted. "What was I supposed to do?"

"I don't know, go home?"

"Oh, Y/N, I couldn't imagine missing out on one of our many intelligent conversations."

"Asshole," you muttered under your breath. You then grabbed a bag of chips from the pantry before returning to your bedroom.