Rebound

After returning to your house, you had lain in bed, staring up at the ceiling. You were deep in thought which made it impossible to fall asleep. All you wanted was for the night to stop replaying in your mind.

You couldn't understand why you weren't more disgusted than you were. You had expected that, as soon as your lips were pressed to Jungkook's, bile would bubble up your esophagus, threatening to empty itself all over him. However, you never had the urge to vomit. Your body betrayed you, making your heart skip instead.

Later that night, you had gotten yourself off with your pillow, imagining that the downy object was Jungkook. His face was the only thing you could see when you closed your eyes—the way he bit and licked his lips, how he gripped your waist as you rutted against him, and how he held you once it was all said and done.

Snap out of it, Y/N!

Jungkook was your enemy, for fuck's sake. Just because you two had one decent night together didn't mean you guys were on good terms. He was still an annoying, arrogant asshole. And making you come wouldn't change that.

When you finished, you threw the pillow onto the floor of your bedroom. You were repulsed at what you had done. Why couldn't you have imagined your pillow was Namjoon whom you were grinding on? You'd told Jungkook that you had pretended he was Namjoon. Although in reality, it was a lie. You were aware the entire time he was Jungkook. It actually crushed you a bit to hear him say the reason he'd had fun with you was that in his mind, you were Sarang.

But you couldn't blame him. You guys hated each other. Who'd want to fuck around with the person they despised most in this world?

Us, apparently.

Saturday night was rapidly approaching. You dreaded that upcoming party. You and Jungkook were going to have to put on a great show for your friends. One false move and the whole scheme would go downhill; the jig would be up. The two of you must get along the entire time as to not raise suspicion.

It was going to be a long-ass night.

***

Jungkook arrived Friday evening after you were done with your college classes for the day.

"Is your brother home yet?" he asked, peeking his head into the living room and checking its surroundings.

"No, he's still at work," you replied.

"Good," Jungkook exhaled in relief. "I've been on edge all day about this."

"You're really that scared?"

"Aren't you?"

"Well, he's gonna kill you, not me. I'll just say you corrupted my innocence."

"You're a bitch, you know that?" Jungkook snapped.

You shrugged him off. "It's not breaking news."

"Whatever," he grumbled. "Anyway, you need to call me 'Oppa' at the party tomorrow."

"In your fucking dreams," you scoffed.

"I'm two years older than you, Y/N. You have to."

"I don't have to do anything."

"I'm older than you!" he repeated. "Show some respect for your elders."

"I do respect my elders. I just don't respect you."

"Fake it then," Jungkook demanded. "We have a deal, remember?"

You crossed your arms. "Fine."

"Fine, what?"