𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯, 𝘳𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳

Maybe a little upsetting, but I really need to request you to read "Through the Heart," my second story. Surprisingly, this story has received nearly 8,000 views, which is a significant number for a story with 12 chapters. I sincerely hope you will give my other stories the same chance you gave this one. Especially "Through the Heart," which is part of the same fandom.

I believe I owe an explanation. I know a lot of Naruto fans who dislike Sasuke and Hinata as a couple. When the two of them are mentioned as a couple, it's actually very strange because they had almost no interaction. But I'll try to share some of my thoughts on the subject.

In fact, it all began when I discovered on one of the websites that the Uchiha and Hyuga complexes are right next door. We'll all agree it's a minor, almost imperceptible detail, but what if? What if Masashi Kishimoto has romantic plans for the two of them?

First and foremost, I, like many others, was an early NuruHina fan. But, as time passed, I realized that the two have very little in common. Also, their romance happened in an instant, Naruto saw Hinata's memories and pretended to love her? Let's be honest: that makes no sense.

Sakura, on the other hand, has never given up on Sasuke. If you ask me, I don't believe she ever truly loved Sasuke. She adored the perception she had of him. Sasuke needed someone to compensate for the absence of his clan. Sakura was perfect for it; she adored him, so everything fell into place easily.

Moving on to the SasuHina claims I have come thru:
They look similar together, aesthetic wise.
Their children and the possible kekkei genkais.
The difference between their personalities where one is cold and aloof, the other is the opposite.

Before I watched the Naruto people hyped up NaruHina so much. When I actually watched the show I began to realize that NaruHina had no chemistry, intense interactions, or even hints at being a good couple it would have made more sense for Naruto marry Sakura instead. She would be able reign Naruto back in line and take care of him in the affectionate way we know Sakura was capable of. This way Sakura would be with someone who actually loves her and Sasuke could bond with someone with similar experiences as him but doesn’t carry the burdens that Naruto and Sakura carry from chasing after him.

Basically SasuHina is my favorite because it makes the most sense to me.

Not to mention we could’ve had some cool Hyuuga-Uchiha Children representing their clans in Boruto. (Yes Boruto would still exist if NaruSaku was a thing.)

But, there is a problem...

If Hinata was stuck with a partner that could be as confrontational, harsh, blunt, abrasive, challenging, and difficult to deal with, Hinata would wither and shrink into herself. Hinata avoids conflict, so I think she’d be quiet, almost silent, around Sasuke, and her subservient, submissive, compliant personality would be a great annoyance to Sasuke. Hinata can’t even handle Naruto full-force, and Sasuke is even more intense than Naruto is. Hinata might admire and respect Sasuke’s strength as a warrior, but she has never shown any interest in Sasuke as an individual. Never once has she given any thought to what Sasuke has been suffering through. Sasuke doesn’t even register on Hinata’s radar, just as Hinata doesn’t even register on Sasuke’s. They tolerate each other, but I don’t see either of them ever coming to a consensus deeper than tolerance.

Perhaps most importantly, Hinata and Sasuke never seem to share the same goals or philosophy. They have vastly different views on life and focus on very different things, so their differences in worldviews would not make them compatible as a romantic pair. Their personalities, values, interests and goals in life are too different and far apart for them to have potential for any good working relationship.

On the other side,  NaruSaku may have worked out if their relationship hadn’t taken a horrendous nosedive in the Land of Iron arc - but it did. In that arc Sakura showed a serious misunderstanding of Naruto’s feelings and dreams, behaving like she didn’t understand him at all. Naruto pretty much said that he hated people like Sakura, and he was disgusted and extremely hurt that one of his closest, most dear friends would turn on him like that. At that point a major rift was formed in their relationship. When Sakura proved that she could no longer support him in his goal of bringing Sasuke back, Naruto felt abandoned by the one person he thought would have supported him even when he thought no one else would – and she let him down in a defining moment, when Naruto needed her support and trust more than ever, but she let him down when it mattered most.

Unfortunately, they never fully work through that awful mess-up in their relationship. Naruto just has to deal with it by himself and Sakura never apologizes for it or comes to terms with how badly she had treated Naruto and how much she had hurt his feelings and damaged his trust. She callously ignored the pain she caused Naruto in his lowest point.

So, in theory, writing fanfiction allows us to reshape existing characters. I've mentioned both the good and bad aspects of SasuHina. They exist not only for them, but also for others. Whatever couple you prefer, no couple in Naruto has a healthy relationship. But, at the end of the day, there are so many combinations that can be written, so find a couple that you like and enjoy it.

Finally, I noticed that many of you were curious about the baby's gender in the future, as well as what would happen after... If you want me to write a short sequel, would it be one chapter that represents the future family? If you say yes, could you please tell me right away which gender you prefer for the baby and how many years in the future you want the sequel to be released?

With love, D. Black 🖤