𝘛𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘨𝘶𝘺𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘦

Neji nudged his father, "Aren't you going to say something?"

Sasuke shrugged and looked away, "I didn't know him. He was just some cocky prodigy I went to school with."

"Yeah but that was the old him. Uncle Neji was just a beautiful bird in a cursed cage," the younger Neji explained to his father.

"Besides," Itachi confidently said, "Mom loves him and you love mom. So basically, you're obligated to love him too."

Sasuke's head snapped towards Itachi, "I don't love your mom. I had talked to her about twenty times in my life before you guys came in the picture."

"Twenty times is better than nineteen times," Neji said, "Uncle Neji sacrificed himself for mom's sake. If mom had died then we wouldn't exist and you'd be all by yourself again."

"You'd be super lonely without me, Neji, and mom. Uncle Neji is the reason we're here. I mean, not here in the past but born. We haven't been born yet but um... Time travel makes my head hurt," Itachi said as he grabbed his hair.

"What he's trying to say is that Uncle Neji saved mom's life. Don't let mom's pretty smile fool you. She always feels super guilty."

"Between us, mom has a phobia of shish kabobs," Itachi whispered, "You know...with the whole getting impaled with wood thing. The sticks...going through...no shish kabobs for mom."

"Ignore my brother," Neji slapped Itachi's head upside down, "Say something to Uncle Neji. He saved the woman you're going to love one day!"

"I don't love your mom but I guess I could pay my respects if it'll make you guys shut up," Sasuke awkwardly sighed as he kneeled next to his kids.

"Thank you for looking over Hinata and my family. Please continue to do so."

"Well, that's all I got," Sasuke stayed silent until Itachi elbowed him, "Okay! Okay! I'm glad you're a free bird wherever you are now."

Sasuke looked down at the two pairs of eyes looking up at him, "Go on."

Sasuke coughed into his hand, "This is embarrassing. Cover your ears."

Itachi and Neji followed their father's directions. They put their hands on each other's ears and looked away from their father.

Sasuke took a big breathe in, "To be honest, I don't know what to say to someone I've never never met before. I know how bad it sucks to be born into such a noble family with obligations. Naruto once told me that you were supposed to change the Hyuga but you decided Hinata was more important. I know you can't hear me or see me but I just want to say how thankful I am that you were born. I'm not good with words, alright?!"

Sasuke glanced back to see his children looking right back at him, "Since you're not around anymore, I promise to look after Hinata. A prodigy's promise to another prodigy. She's going to have three bodyguards with her always. I can only apologize for what destiny had in store for you and hope my children never have to go through your experiences. I won't let history repeat. What I'm trying to say is, shit...Thank you."

Sasuke clapped his hands together and turned around, "Alright, I'm done."

"What'd you say?! I can't hear you," Itachi's scream echoed in the cemetery.

Sasuke smirked and began to walk towards his brother's grave on the opposite side. Itachi and Neji looked at each other and let their arms fall to their side, "Wait for us!"

They caught up with their father and Neji smiled widely at Sasuke, "You know what mom always says?"

"Hm?"