𝘚𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘧𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘺

Itachi and Neji yanked Hinata's hands as they ran into Sasuke's room. Sasuke just stared at them from the open doorway with his usual stoic face on. Hinata lifted the thick blankets and they jumped under. Sasuke rose a curious eyebrow as their loud voices became hushed whispers.

Sasuke saw that Neji said something particularly alarming as Hinata quickly put a hand over his mouth. She vigorously shook her head and Neji laughed. What were they talking about? A red faced Hinata soothed the blanket over their tiny chests.

Itachi quickly sat up and put his hands in the air, "Wait! We can't go to sleep yet! We'll be breaking tradition."

Hinata had a confused look on her face, "Tradition?"

Neji copied his brother's position and pointed towards his forehead, "Dad has got to flick our foreheads before we go to sleep. It's good luck."

Hinata looked up at Sasuke and smiled at him. She waved him over and Sasuke made his way over to his stolen bed. He flicked Neji's forehead and he went back to his original position. Sasuke moved some of Itachi's hair out of the way and flicked his forehead.

"Alright. Time for bed," Sasuke nonchalantly said as he walked past Hinata.

Itachi rubbed his sharingan eye, "Mom, are you going to visit us some more?"

"E-every chance I get," Hinata said as she followed Sasuke to the door way, "Good night, boys."

"Good night," the twins simultaneously said back.

Hinata threw them one last loving look before she turned off the lights and closed the door. Sasuke began to walk down the stairs until he realized Hinata wasn't following him. He turned around and was immediately unnerved as her eyes became glossy.

"What's wrong? Did my brats do something to you?"

Hinata's watery eyes soon exploded into water works, "They didn't do anything. It's just that it feels nice being wanted for once. I haven't been needed in such a long time."

Sasuke didn't know what to do with the weeping Hinata. He walked up to her and put a hand around her shoulder. Sasuke pulled her close to his toned chest. Her tears dampened his already wet clothes. Hinata was thankful that her wet clothes hid her racing heart.

"Stop crying," Sasuke whispered as he laid his head on top of hers, "If they see you like this, they're going to blame me. Those hyperactive ogres would never forgive me."

Sasuke wasn't the best at comforting people.

Hinata laughed and peeled herself away from Sasuke. She wiped away her tears with the back of her hand. Sasuke rolled his eyes and flicked her forehead. Hinata's eyes widened as she touched the spot where his fingers had been, "It's getting late. I'd better get going."

Realizing what he had done, Sasuke quickly turned around, "Come on."

She followed him down the stairs and into the kitchen. He pulled out one of the drawers and fished in for a couple seconds, "Here's the spare key. You're welcome here any time."

Hinata couldn't wipe off the big smile that was plastered on her face as he walked her to the door, "Sorry, I can't walk you home with those two goblins sleeping in my bed."

Hinata nodded her head in understanding, "Don't worry about such a thing. Hopefully, I'll see you soon. I hope this situation doesn't make things awkward for you."

Sasuke shrugged, "I'm alright with it if you are."

"Oh and Sasuke," Hinata smiled and turned around with the activated byakugan protruding on her face, "Please don't call my sons goblins."