"Hi, Sneha..." Ishita lovingly hugged Neha the host of the podcast. Neha was a bit stunned but hugged her anyways because it's not every day Ishita would be so friendly with anyone. "Welcome, Ishita... and it's Neha, not Sneha..." Ishita shrugged it off, "Ah... I was so excited that I called out you by the name of my favorite employee, Sneha." Neha smiled with visible confusion but ignoring it she took her side to the studio and discussed the basic things. Ishita clearly said that there will be no talk about her husband but only about her business achievements over all the years.

Sitting in front of the mics they started the live show, Neha introduced "Good evening my listeners today I'm so excited that Ishita Mehra is present at my studio. Today we will be discussing youth problems and Ishita would give us tips and tricks of her success. So, let's know from her". Ishita moved forwarded to the mic, "Thank you for having me here, Neha... It's a great honor to be on your show which discusses such topics." Neha smiled thankfully and asked a few questions which Ishita smoothly replied with professionalism. It was their turn to take the call request the first person asked, "Ishita I'm your big fan after reading the Gold Dust magazine which portrayed a very good understanding of the fashion world. But why it doesn't have Miss Veronica Jain who has been a big face in the industry? Is it because she's your husband's ex?"

Ishita takes a deep breath and dripped honey, "It has nothing to do with it, sweetheart. Media like to create conclusions that are juicy enough for the audience. Veronica Jain has achieved great success in her career but she's way different in reality than she appears in the media. I signed with her but she backed off from the set because she had some issues with the models of the same company as well as she wasn't happy with the photographer's idea. I believe it's because of her arrogance she wasn't cooperating with the other models." She gestured for Neha to cut the call, "Okay thank you for asking the question... We will take a commercial break..." Neha immediately cuts the call.

"I'm sorry Ishita... it was all of a sudden..." Neha lowered her head in guilt because she has the idea that Ishita could possibly shut down her show if she did anything against Ishita's liking. Ishita faked a smile, "Don't worry it wasn't from your side so you aren't at fault." But inside her, she was boiling in anger with the mention of the name that separated Armaan from her. She rubbed her knuckles anxiously sitting there her heart felt heavy as she missed Armaan. Ritika approached and offered her some snacks but she denied it, slipping her phone out she called Armaan for the 347th time but still, his phone was switched off. The producer of the show approached and had a small talk with Ishita clearly asking her to be an investor.

Neha started the second session, "Welcome back my listeners we will continue our talk with our special guest Ishita Mehra." They attended a few more calls where people asked her about her schedule, likings, and business strategy. But the last call left them all stunned, "Hello Neha... this is Veronica Jain aka sparkling beauty I always love to hear your show and today I heard Miss Ishita talking about me. So, I came here to clear my name and tell all your listeners what Ishita Mehra really is. She's a dirty businesswoman who framed me kicking me out of the shoot and then made it look like I left so that she will get the compensation amount as I caused the inconvenience. She just didn't interfere in my professional life but also tried to take away my husband. Currently, Armaan lives with me not her she just has the tag of a wife. They got married because Ishita wanted to get his assets and keep him with her...." they didn't let her complete and shut down the show but the damage was all done.

Ishita glared at the producer, "How can you let this happen? You will regret this because I'll make sure to burn down your studio and get every investor back off selling their shares declaring your production house bankrupt." She stormed out and the producers gathered around Ritika to make her understand that it was a miscorrelation as Veronica used a different name for the call request.

The moment Ishita stepped out of the studio Veronica was standing in front of her with a smug face. "Did I ruin your plan to clear out your name? You know a fun fact; I was the one who leaked your employee reviews taking baby steps to ruin you and get back with Armaan." Ishita glared up at her, "Why are you so desperate to get Armaan when you were the one who left him? Now you're trying to mess with my life do you have any idea what I can do?" Veronica smirked at her comment and pointed at the paparazzi standing outside at a distance and replied, "Do you have any idea what I can do to your career?"

Ishita cackled maniacally, "Do think some news outlet can ruin my career? I'm not a public face but you are..." Veronica carelessly shrugged at her threat and ordered the guards to let the paparazzi inside taking a closer shot. Ishita glimpsed at the bucket a maid was using to mop the stairs of the studio. With a smirk, she cornered herself and took the bucket the moment Veronica turned to humiliate Ishita in front of the media but a splash of water drenched her clothes and washed off her makeup.

People around her gasped and the cameras flashed Ishita threw the bucket and told the maid, "Always throw dirty water in the gutter or people with gutter mouth...". Ritika rushed outside and gasped at the site slapping her forehead she pulled Ishita out of the studio and ordered the guards to clear the place. Veronica spits out the water from her mouth scrunching her nose and looked at herself in disgust. "That nasty bitch..." she huffed in anger and gagged at the grossing smell coming from her. 

Today's task: 30 votes + 35 comments

Hii there my lovely readers 🕮 Hope you liked this chapter, feel free to drop your suggestions and feedback related to the story.

If you want to know about me as an author follow me and drop a message in my inbox. I will surely reply to your text. Stay tuned for more such chapters coming soon💖

Vote and comment to help this book reach more readers...

Keep Reading Keep Smiling☺