#43 Loki Laufeyson x Reader - Such A Shame You Wasted An Outfit On Him

Imagine: Loki x Reader neighbour!AU

Warnings: none

Word Count: 1325
(Unedited)

Nothing can guarantee extrem self consciousness like having a man whom one might compare to a nurse god as a neighbour. Not the neighbour across the hall though, no. Your apartment windows align perfectly across the ally way, bedroom windows, kitchen window and living room windows.

When you choose to veg out on the couch, you can see him doing an at-home workout. When you prepare your morning coffee or open a can of your favourite energy drink, he's making a green smoothie. And when you stumble into your apartment after a long night out with the girls (occasionally with a guest), he lounges in bed with a book.

You generally keep your bedroom curtains drawn, not intending to give out any free shows, but his windows stay open seemingly always. Not only does this continuously effect your self-esteem, but he seems to taunt you as he walks around in as little clothes as possible.

And if that wasn't torture enough, he acknowledges you more than you'd like.

Like now, you were sipping your coffee, leaning against the counter, still dressed in your pyjamas, your eyes shamelessly taking in his muscular body as he moves around his kitchen in a pair of short work out shorts, his sweaty hair was pulled into a bun on top of his head.

He had just arrived home from what you assume to be the gym. As he poured his smoothie into a cup, he glanced over and sent you a charming smile, he raised his cup in an action of cheers.

You felt your cheeks heat up, as his gaze met yours, but you are long past the embarrassed flustering.

You returned the small smile and raised the mug you held in your hands.

He then raised the newspaper up, showing you the sports section. The Mets lost the game yesterday. You laughed at that and gently clapped your hands in a mocking manner.

Anytime The Mets won, he made a point of showing you, clearly basking in the team's win. You don't particularly have anything against the team, but you did enjoy the look of disappointment he send you when you first waved them off.

Your neighbour then shaked his head, slamming the newspaper down on the counter, the smirk never leaving his face, though.

You shrugged before cleaning your mug and shuffling to your bedroom to get ready for the day. He seemed to follow you through his own apartment, following his own routine.

You push through your clothes, having a hard time deciding what to wear. Dressing for a lunch date, you settled on two options.

You groaned as you bounced between the two outfits, feeling indecisive. Eventually, you sat down on your bed, tired of choosing an outfit. When you looked up though, you got an idea. There sat your neighbour, with his laptop in hand and eyes fixed on the screen. You waved your arms around exaggerated, pulling his attention away from the screen.

When he finally looked up, you grabbed the first outfit, holding it up to your body and showing up one finger, to signal him it's the first outfit. He pulled himself to the foot of the bed and took in your outfit, almost analysing it. After a moment, he made a twist motion with his finger and you quickly turned the outfit around, showing him the backside.

After a final nod, you dashed back and grabbed the second fit, repeating the same steps.

Your neighbour then took a piece of paper, scribbled something down and held it close to the window:

What is it for?

The paper read in bug letters. You looked around your room, searching for a piece of paper to respond. Unsuccessful, you mouthed 'a date', hoping he could read lips.