#15 Vision x Reader - Have you ever seen the rain?

Imagine: The rain always kept you company when others wouldn't. Until today you thought it would always be like this but someone shows you that there are people who care.

Warnings: none

Word Count: 819
(Unedited)

Silence.

Silence is the only thing beside you in the Avengers Tower.

After getting hurt on the last mission the team went on the next mission without you.

You are sitting on a chair next to the window and watch the rain fall. The sky above New York is covered in black clouds and you can hear thunder grumbling in the distance.

It was cold outside.

You pull your sweater closer and sigh in content.

You had begun drifting off then the sound of footsteps resonates in your ears. You propped yourself up and listen to the noises carefully.

The footsteps seem to be coming from the hallway and they are getting closer.

You slowly stand up and grab a magazine from the coffee table next to you. You roll it up and prepare yourself for a fight.

You hide by the doorway and squeeze yourself against the wall.

The footsteps are coming closer and closer.

Through the doorway comes the reason of the noise: it is Vision.

"Miss Y/L/N, are you here?" Vision asks.

You sigh in relief and step out of your hiding spot.

"You scared me Vis." You say.

"I am most sorry. I can assure you that wasn't my intention." He answered.

"What are you even doing here? Why aren't you on the mission with the others?" You asks curiously.

"I did not want to leave you here alone, all by yourself. I wanted to keep you company."

You blushed slightly at his response. You didn't think that anyone would care.

Turning around you sit back down on your previous spot and continue to watch the sky.

"This weather is quite enjoyable."

You frown at him in response.

"Have you ever seen the rain? It's mesmerizing. The sound that the rain makes when it hits the glass or the low rumble of the thunder over the city." You reminisce.

"Do you mind if I join you?" He asks calmly.

You look over to Vision and see him still standing in the doorway.

"Take a seat." You offer as you mention him to sit down on the chair across from you.

He gave you a soft smile before he gracefully walks over to you and sits down.

You avert your gaze back to the window.

You place your hand on the glass and watch as the water droplets pooled under your fingers.

You slowly move your fingers along the window and Vision watched in awe as the water matched your movements.

"For how long have you been able to control water?" He questions.

You look over at him.

"It started when I was eight. My mother and I were at the beach and she found me playing with the waves. They covered my movements like the rain does now."

You avoid eye contact with Vision as you continue.

"I showed her what I was capable of and she freaked. She kicked me out off the house when I was eighteen and somehow I met Tony. I live with him here ever since."

When Vision said nothing you turn and look at him. He stares at you intently.

"I am sorry for rumbling." You mumble.

"I do not mind. Your voice is rather calming." He states truthfully. "It is me who should apologize. This topic seems sensitive."

"Oh no, it's fine. I wouldn't have told you if I wasn't comfortable." You smile at him.

After a moment of silence Vision gets up and walks closer to you.

"May I show you something?" Vision asks while reaching is hand out for you to take.

You nod and put your hand in is.

He gently helps you up and leads you up to the rooftop. Arriving at your destination Vision places one hand behind your knees and the other on your back. He lifts you up and starts levitating.

Looking at you reassuring he flies higher and higher. You put your hands behind his neck and hold on tight.

"Do you trust me?" He asks.

"Of course."

You feel the rain trail down your skin and you try to remember the feeling you get when it does. The cold air sends shivers down your spine but you couldn't care less.

You never felt like this before.

You look down and see the buildings getting smaller and the lights getting blurry. The traffic noise is replaced with the wind whistling around your eyes.

Vision comes to a stop and you are now floating high above New York City.

You lean your head against his shoulder as you both admire the view of the setting sun.

It is getting colder by the minute and Vision takes note of your shivering form. He carefully flies back to the tower and puts you down.

You mutter a quiet 'thank you' as you look at the sunset one last time before Vision leads you inside.