11. Hooked Me

"Oh yeah it truly is

"Oh yeah it truly is. Something new and different for me. It is also a way that I am able to have things. Got to appreciate everything, right?" Samantha's voice is soft, but sounds like a sincere thanks in a way too.

"You're something else Samantha." I shake my head some, with my eyes on the road.

Thank God for bluetooths to where I can even be able to speak with her while driving. It is way to hard to drive a rig like this while trying to hold a phone to my ear with all the shifting I am having to do due to the road I am on making this delivery.

"Why do you say that I am something else?" She laughs.

How do I put this?

"Well for starts you somehow always take me off guard, by how kind your words are. Both times you have shocked me with how you put the words seemingly just right to make the most sense all the while speaking them in a tone that shows how sincere you truly seem to be." I suck in my breath.

Wow, that just felt like I stuck my foot in my mouth. Did I even say that right or did I just go soft?

"I only learned wise words because of my Gram. She also says not to let the negative speak out to others, which is something I struggle with depending on the person." Samantha sighs.

"She sounds amazing." I smile lightly even though she can't see it.

"Oh she is. Honestly, you have to watch because she will keep you on your toes and as she says she can get down with the youngsters. Grams is good with words though but she is the one person I trust the most in the world. If Grams tells me to go for it then I do, she has been my rock through some hard times that has happened with my family." Samantha gets quiet.

Not waiting to seem nosey, I keep quiet for a minute. I rather give her space to just tell me if she wants too and we really still don't know each other in the least.

A little pang goes through me because I wonder how my grandparents would react at everything that has happened in my life since they left the world. I was always close to my grandpa, it is because of him that my brother and I had taken the route we did because we wanted to honor him.

"When is the last time you seen your Grams?" I finally speak up.

"I actually just visited with her the day after you left because Jovi took the overnight watch. Normally, I see Grams once a week or more if I can."

"That is really great. So you and Jovi, a thing or?" I try to be smooth but it doesn't work as Samantha falls into a laughing fit over the phone.

"Oh God. I am sorry, that is just to funny. I guess my sister and Jovi both were right, you only had eyes on me once they came in." Samantha barely gets out.

I couldn't help but smirk, because I am busted.

"Your beauty just hooked me right in."

"Full of yourself Shane, is what you are because I am nothing special to look at. Anyways, no Jovi and I are not anything but best friends since preteens. He was actually checking you out or would have if he didn't have someone he was seeing, since your more his type than I am." Samantha giggles.

"Wait? You guys talked about me. I hope it was more on the lines of Tanker." I chuckle.

"That Mr. Thomas you will never truly know." She sasses.

"Come on just a little something." I try to get a begging tone but it doesn't work for me well.

"Fine." She huffs. "I told them the short things about Tanker, but they were all about the mystery man that stayed the night here in the clinic with me."

I chuckle.

"Hello are you there? You sounded a little robot like while laughing." Samantha's voice comes through just the same to me.

"I am sorry. My signal must be getting low with where I am heading too." I sigh.

"That is okay. I will let you go so you can focus on driving and work." Her voice is soft.

"Thank you for calling." I am quick to say right before the line goes dead from the signal drop my phone just done.

Letting out a deep breath, I glance to Tanker and take off my headset.

That was very enjoyable and I wish I could talk to her more. After this time of talking with her, I want more. Something that still seems odd for me but there is something about her and it makes me want to get to know her even more.

I wonder if that could work us talking and getting to know each other better. If nothing else but friends? It wouldn't hurt to have someone to talk with other than Tanker. Just it's having someone that can speak back to me.

I pull off into the drive for the delivery and they are closed for the night. Which means it is a night that I will just spend in the sleeper. Got plenty of snacks and food to be able to so why not. Maybe I won't get any truck bunnies knocking on the door either with being at the back of the factory.

With a flip of the key I turn the truck off, with the brakes on. Rolling the window up, I pop the locks on both doors and climb into the sleeper, with Tanker following seconds behind. We had stopped awhile back to do our businesses at the last truck stop, so we will be good for a while.

Tanker gets more water in his bowl for through the night and he just lays at the end of the bed waiting on me.

"There ya go boy. Fresh water." I pat his fur.

I pull my phone out and see the number that Samantha called me from isn't the clinics number. This must have been her personal cell she had called from because I put her vet clinic as a contact in my phone.

It makes my lips curve into a smile. With quick movements, I save the number into my contacts.

Maybe in some time if she doesn't call me again, I could call her? It seems like I just can't get enough of her and I keep telling myself it is because she is definitely. So soft and caring. Part of me wonders if somehow I could feel at least attraction to her and I thought that part of me died a long time ago.

Although, I didn't like when she talked down about herself appearance wise. Why has no guy ever told her and been truly honest about her beauty, not only on the outside but the inside too?

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

Seems like Shane is full of questions himself?

Could be the only way he will ever find out is by talking to her more?