17: Antidote

Depuis le début

He could barely teleport to his assignments, so he knew getting home would be a daunting task.

Needing some time alone, he went for another walk.

Out of the front doors and into the orange evening sky, a quiet breeze swept through the capitol. Crisp, dewy air hit Grim's face.

He drew in a breath and slowed his feet. If he continued walking so frantically, his time would lose its purpose.

He texted Immy.

Immy <3

I won't be home
for a bit. It feels
nice out so i'm
walking around

Ok! Dont take
candy from
strangers. :)

Grim smiled and put his phone back in his pocket.

Stupid quips like that made Grim's days. Coffee talks, piano lessons, dinners--maybe he just liked spending time with her. Well, there was probably no question about it at that point.

Grim thought that the best part was that Immy seemed just as delighted to be with him.

His steps slowed to a stop as he contemplated just going home and seeing her.

He sighed and picked up his original pace.

Soon, He thought. Not now.

Immy could definitely be some comfort, but Grim didn't know what he was supposed to tell her.

...Maybe she'll hold me.

The thought alone almost sold him.

He felt guilty. He knew he could hurt her, but he longed for her touch.

Grim wanted to kiss her so fiercely she lost her breath. To listen to her labored breathing.

To pin her down.

He attempted to push away the racy train of thought. Despite his efforts, the image clung to him.

Blushing madly, he continued down the sidewalk.

Maybe I should write a poem, He thought.

Grim chuckled to himself.

Something about fire, maybe- some form of heat.

Oh, my love~ My heart may be in ashes by the time we touch.

-Phantom heart. Not heart, I guess. What else...

Burning cannot describe- no, I already said ashes, that implies burning.

He snickered.

Whatever. Save the horny poetry for later.

His thoughts were interrupted by something blocking his shoe.

Before he could even process this, he tripped and caught the concrete.

A sharp pain spread through his wrists.

"Goddamnit!" He muttered to himself, moving to his knees.

He held his arms out in front of himself, palms up.

He had torn his gloves.

Of course.

Groaning, he brought himself to his feet. He had tripped over a crack in the concrete.

He sighed and looked around him.