Chapter 35: A repeat. (Part 1)

Depuis le début

It was at that point that Lillia tugged on Kyle's arm, "Oh my god. There's so many of you."

"What are you-," his jaw hung open. Passing through the line of tents were an assortment of women all with white hair and dangerously close to looking like his past and current self.

Mr Devro continued to smile, "It's amazing what you can do with makeup this days. Add in a few illusions and you'd never tell the different on the big screen."

"But why so many?" Kyle couldn't help stare at them. Though you could still tell the differences, with a touch of magic and editing afterwards Mr Devro was exactly right.

"Well we're under a tight time frame but the Council has given us an enormous budget. My entire team plus more are working around the clock to get this ready and to the people as soon as possible."

Looking closer Kyle could see the bags under the man's eyes, "I'll help where I can, but I do have other duties."

"Of course," Mr Devro nodded and gestured for them to head into one of the tents. "Let's get you ready for the big screen."

Kyle stepped forward only to realise that Lillia wasn't moving. Her eyes were still glued to the crowd of Estile lookalikes. Seeing her stare at them so intently his chest churned.

"Hey I'm standing here too you know," he pulled on her arm.

"Eh?" Lillia snapped back. "What no I wasn't looking that hard- I mean you're much prettier and well- Hang on, are you jealous?"

"Not entirely jealous but even I can feel a bit down if you're staring that hard at someone else."

"Oh... Oh!" a grin split her lips as she latched on to him tightly. "Don't worry I only have eyes for you."

A cough caused the two of them to break apart as Mr Devro gestured again towards the tent, "We are on a schedule."

"Sorry," they both apologised and headed inside.

The tent was filled with bits of armour, clothes and props as several men and women milled about sorting through it all. They weren't just costume designers but proper armour smiths as well. In the centre, propped onto the body of a mannequin was Kyle's costume, though to call it that was an injustice. It was a proper suit of combat wear through and through, though also designed to draw the eyes of those who saw it. In fact it was strangely close to what Estile used to wear.

"We had some old designs in storage that we made use of," a lady stood beside it proudly. "My name is Harriet, I do hope you like it Lady Estile." She smiled revealing clear fangs and looking at her closely, her eyes were more than just human.

"It looks great," Kyle smiled and touched the armour. The fabric was strong and the metal woven in place. For an ordinary person the armour was lacking in defence as several clear weak points could be seen. The centre of the chest and sides weren't protected and the joints mostly bare of metal. For Estile it didn't matter as any damage she did take she recovered from quickly. The armour was to give her freedom of movement, and against stronger opponents, the flaws in the design focused their actions making it easier to defend.

"Do I get one as well?" Lillia asked. "When it comes to it, I need armour more than Kyle does."

"Of course Lady Lav," Harriet bowed. "Your armour however has not been touched by the design crew. I hope you don't mind."

"Well I guess if I get to ogle Kyle it's still okay," she said dejected. "Though you totally don't need these patches of fabric here and here, they're just getting in the way."

Harriet tilted her head, "But my Lady then Lady Estile's skin would be bare."

"That's the poi-," she couldn't finish as Kyle hit her head with a light chop.

"You know it's not going to just be you seeing me in it," Kyle frowned at her.

"Ah you're right," Lillia clapped her hands together. "It's perfect as is Harriet."

"Great." Kyle shooed Lillia away, "Now get out so I can get changed."

"You're not letting me stay?" she gasped as if actually wounded.

"No. Stop being a perv and go get your own armour on," Kyle refused adamantly. "Then go and check in with Riftin and Arvel. I'll finish up with Mr Devro. If you're here you're going to keep distracting me."

"Fine," she folded her arms. "But you're taking that bath with me later." And with that she left.

Mr Devro smirked, "You chose quite the interesting companion."

"Interesting is one way to putit, but yeah I do love her." He shook himself, "Okay let's get this over with.I have bigger fish to aim for after this is over."