Epilogue

One month after Junghwoon's trial.

Today is Jungkook's birthday, he is turning 19 today and he firmly told Taehyung to not drop any parties because his birthday was a sad day for him.

Right. It's not only his birthday but also the birthday of his mother's death. Sounds depressing, right??

"Happy birthday!" Taehyung's squeal made Jungkook briefly flinch on the spot.

He just entered the house after a long ass exam from college and he didn't expect Taehyung to be already home.

Well, Taehyung is now working at a nearby coffee shop that Namjoon opened for his boyfriend. Jin was kind enough to let Taehyung and Yoongi work for him.

And that's why Jungkook thought that Taehyung would be back home super late as usual because Jungkook is supposed to be the one who pick the older up at 9pm after his shifts ended.

"You're already home?" Jungkook asked, hands opening wide for Taehyung to settle down in his embrace.

After Junghwoon got charged with attempt of murder and drug trafficking because the police did a great job and found out all of Junghwoon's dark secrets, Jungkook and Taehyung moved in together in the Jeon mansion.

As for Kim Mingee, he also moved in with them but tonight, he went to Jin and Namjoon's house for a sleepover and also to let Jungkook and Taehyung spend the night alone together.

"Yeah, Jin told me to go home earlier!" Taehyung enthusiastically says before pulling away from Jungkook only to drag the younger towards the dining room which he decorated just before Jungkook came home.

"What-" Jungkook's mouth fall hanging as he looked at the state of the living room. His breath couldn't help but hitch when the living room looked very different, but in a good way of course.

Taehyung for sure did a great job.

"Your aunt Sana gave me some ideas about the decorations and even helped me with everything. Gotta thank her later~"

"You! You didn't need to do that! I told you today's a sad day!" Jungkook reminded with a deep frown.

"Today's your birthday so it's a happy day for us!" Taehyung stubbornly asserts, shaking his head and before Jungkook could retort, he shoved him down on the seat.

"It's her dea-"

"It's in the past!" Taehyung groans, shutting Jungkook up as he does so. "I want you to forget about the shits you've been through." A pause. "I know it won't be easy but don't ruin your life just because of your past. You deserve a happy ending and I won't let you ruin your birthdays because of what happened!!"

"But-"

"There's not buts!" Taehyung categorically affirms. "Apart from my pretty butt that you'll get the luck to taste after our fabulous dinner!"

"You're such a dork!" Jungkook wanted to keep his serious expression on but he miserably failed because of Taehyung and that's why he ended up laughing hard at Taehyung's not even funny joke.

"I know and that's why you love me so much" The older snickers before going on to sit down in front of Jungkook.

It's a bit funny because Jungkook was still in his casual clothes while Taehyung was all dressed up, matching with the fancy dinner that he prepared for them.

"You're right, I love you so much and that's the only reason why I'll celebrate my birthday today, after years!"

"Be ready to celebrate the next 70 birthdays of your life with me!" Taehyung asserts playfully and then takes the bottle of whine in front of them and pouring some on his and Jungkook's glasses. "Let's cheer for our new life!"