Chapter 38

Jungkook, Jimin and Hoseok were together most of the time, well, that was the case until Hoseok left them to hook up with Soyeon who's his fuckbuddy. Yeah, they are low-key into this kind of relationship, just like Jimin and Jungkook, Soyeon and Hoseok are also used to fucking without being necessarily a couple.

"Can't believe that he fucking left us for this chick!" Jimin clicked his tongue inside of his mouth.

Well, he's not really that mad because Hoseok left him alone with Jungkook but he also needed Hoseok's emotional support so now he's all alone with his long time crush.

"Can't blame him though, Soyeon's basically like his girlfriend so..." Jungkook points with a monotone voice.

Jungkook's not completely wrong because Soyeon and Hoseok are acting like couples, being with each other almost 24/7 and eating each other's mouth, every time they can.

"They're just fuck buddies, just like you and I." Jimin retorts, he wanted to add that him and Jungkook could also be like that but he simply closes his mouth. He needs to take it slow and confess before all.

"I know but they have something more, plus, you and I are best friend so we can't never be like them"

"Why?" Jimin mumbles almost inaudible for Jungkook to hear it clearly.

"What did you say?" The younger drawls and Jimin swallows the lump inside of his fucking throat before opening his mouth to repeat himself.

"I mean, why can't we be like them?" He asks in a small voice but this time, Jungkook caught it which caused him to frown.

Jungkook was never sure. He suspected that Jimin might have feelings for him but when Taehyung went in the picture, he totally forgot about this idea and dropped everything about Jimin being in love with him. I mean, he's not dumb. Jimin has been his friend for years so he could read him like an open book. Before, Jungkook would've given a second thought about dating Jimin but now, he can't imagine himself being like that with his best friend.

It's just that, something changed inside of him and whether it's good or not, Jungkook's sure that he's not ready to reciprocate his friend's feeling. Not now, not anymore.

"Because we're friends!" Jungkook firmly claims.

He doesn't want to hurt Jimin but giving him false hope would be even worse.

Nonetheless, little does Jungkook know that his blunt words only made Jimin's world crumble down around him.

"That's bullshit! Friends can also date if they want to" Jimin claims back. "In fact, I think that dating your best friend is much better because no one can be more trustful than your own bestie!"

"Yeah but I'm not really into dating my best friend"

And Jimin's heart sank at that. Jungkook's so sure of himself which made him question himself whether he should confess or not.

To top it all, he doesn't know when will be the great timing to confess all he has in his chest. Simply put, he's just internally panicking!!

"Really? Am I that unattractive to you-" without even being aware of it. These words full of insecurities left Jimin's mouth.

In his head, he's just asking too many questions. Is he not as handsome as Taehyung? Is he too clingy? Too weird? Too much talkative? Why won't Jungkook like him back? Where did he mess up??

"What the-" Jungkook groans out. "You're not unattractive, okay?" He assures but Jimin is still not so reassured by that. "You are one of the prettiest person I know" Jungkook lowers his tone before going on. "It's just that, I'm not really fan of dating my best friend"