Chapter 29

"Jimin?" A deep frown spreads all over Taehyung's face as he gives a pointed look at Jungkook.

I mean, why in hell would the younger need to see Jimin? Just like that? Out of nowhere after what just happened? Can't he just be content with Taehyung's presence for now and search for Jimin some other times???

"I need to see him. I'll just-" Jungkook was about to stand up but Taehyung grabbed his wrist just in time.

In his head, Jungkook thinks that he need Jimin, that he needs to see Jimin to go down from this black mirage. He needs to clear his mind and he knows that for years, Jimin was the only person who help him do so.

"What the fuck? Are you fucking running away after what happened? Are you going to leave me with Jeon fucking Junghwoon-!!!!" Taehyung gapes in disbelief and frustration.

"You started it and you know Junghwoon's probably furious as we speak!!! He's going to fucking kill me!!!" Taehyung points with a visible pissed expression.

He's angry at Jungkook because the younger promised to protect him but now he wants to run away-??? After everything Taehyung has done to get Jungkook under his skin, Jungkook still wants to run away to Jimin???? What the actual fuck-!?

"I can't stay here-" Jungkook tries to explain himself but in vain, Taehyung won't listen to him.

"You will stay here and deal with this shit!!! You have to get me out of here!!!" Taehyung keeps on insisting.

He's desperate at this point. He knows that once Jungkook leaves, Junghwoon will throw tantrums at him and may hurt him, again. He doesn't want that, though, he doesn't want Junghwoon to get near him again and hurt him in anyway.

"I just-"

"NO, Jungkook!" Taehyung jumps in, "I won't let you run away to your dear Jimin and leave me here, alone to deal with your psycho of a father!!!"

"I-"

"You promised me!!" Taehyung cries out, ignoring the fact that Jungkook's still not in his right state of mind and can snap back at him at any moment.

"You owe me that!! After everything you've done to me!! After-" Taehyung squeaks out, on the verge of breaking down in front of the younger.

He didn't want to guil-trap Jungkook but he is. He just knows that Jungkook will stay only then. That's why he's going to torture Jungkook's mind until it screamed for him to stay and face the shits he started.

"Okay, I'll stay-" Jungkook finally lets out after a moment of internal torture and battle.

The least thing he wants is to face his father after what he has done but deep down, he is also aware of the fact that his father is very well capable of hurting Taehyung again if he lets Taehyung alone with this old freak.

"I'll stay, for you-" Jungkook says, breath turning less raged as he regained his normal breathing rhythm little by little.

"I don't want him to hurt you-" He adds in a low whisper.

"You don't want that?" Taehyung asks and Jungkook instantly nods his head.

"Then you better stay and protect me from him"

"I will-"

After that, Taehyung and Jungkook went back inside the house and stayed in the kitchen for a moment as Taehyung offered to prepare a tea for Jungkook.

In the meantime, Taehyung took the opportunity to ask the younger about what happened, earlier.

I mean, Jungkook nearly killed his own father so he was a bit curious about the reasons why.