Chapter 36: Lizzie

Start from the beginning

"How is he? You know..." I say and give him a smirk. He looks around us once again before his face turns into a wide grin and he starts to swarm about his now boyfriend.

"Amazing! It was better than I expected and he was so careful and sweet and just perfect!" He whispers and his eyes light up at the memory. I smile.

"That's so great, I'm really happy for you." I say honestly and pad his shoulder. Jesse gives me a huge smile in thanks.

"But enough about me and my love life, what about you? Have you..?" Now it's his turn to wiggle his eyebrows and I chuckle a little before shaking my head.

"No, we didn't do the devil's tango yet." I deny and he nods.

"Any specific reason why?" He asks and I shrug.

"The moment just never was there." I answer.

"Would you want to do it, if the moment was there?" He asks and seems to analyze my facial expression. I grin at the thought.

"Hell yeah! I mean, have you seen her? Have you been around her? She doesn't need to do anything, not even dress sexy, to make me weak in the knees and crazy for her." I answer and Jesse's smirk widens.

"First of all, yes I've seen her but I'm into guys, so there's that. Second, no I haven't been around her since you are all over her when she visits the shop and third, you're so whipped for her." He teases and I roll my eyes and playfully nudge his shoulder.

"Oh shut up, I'm not all over her, when she visits." I stay my ground but Jesse seems unimpressed.

"Mhm, sure because you weren't mentally begging her to undress you yesterday when she was here." He grins and now it's my turn to blush.

"That is not my fault. The shirt she wore yesterday totally made her eyes look even brighter." I try to defend myself but by the look on Jesse's face I can tell, he doesn't buy it. I huff in surrender and roll my eyes playfully at him.

"Fine, I am whipped for her but who can blame me?" I ask and he chuckles before pulling me into a short hug.
The doorbell rings and we turn to the door to serve the next customers.

The last hour goes by quickly and about five minutes before my shift ends, I see Scarlett walking into the shop, making my face light up in joy and excitement. Next to her is another woman, she's a bit taller than Scarlett and also has blonde hair. Her features are soft and she gives me a calm and caring vibe. They are in the middle of a conversation, so I assume that's the friend Scarlett told me about.

Jesse takes a step back, knowing that I love making Scarlett's coffee. I don't even have to put on a customer smile because seeing Scarlett is enough to make me smile. Okay, yeah, I might be whipped for her.

"Hey." I greet them after they finished their conversation. Scar's attention diverts to me and she gives me a loving smile that makes me warm and fuzzy from the inside.

"Hi." She replies before looking at her friend. She observes us with a small smile.

"Hi." She answers as well, her voice soft and happy.

"What can I get you two?" I ask, knowing Scarlett brought her friend here to show off my coffee. Apparently I make the best one in whole New York, her words not mine. I doubt that a little but Scarlett insists although she admitted she might be a little biased.

"I'll take my usual order to go." Scarlett says and I nod before looking at the other blonde.

"I'll take an iced coffee to go." The other woman orders after looking at our board. Once again I nod and start to make both drinks. I hand both women their drinks before putting the money in the register and giving Scarlett a nod before I go into the staff room to get out of my apron and grab my bag.