Like Father, Like Son

Start from the beginning

"You too," you remarked, although it was a complete lie.

An eerie smirk formed on Jiho's lips. "Nice of you to finally join us."

You scowled at him, resisting the urge to crawl across the table and slap that smirk right off his fucking face. Then, suddenly, you felt Jungkook's palm on your upper thigh—a simple way of telling you that you needed to calm down. After receiving the hint, you pushed his hand away and gave your attention back to Jiseok. "Why was I asked to attend the meeting, Mr. Choi?"

"You see, Miss Min, my son here believes that you set him up," he revealed.

Your eyebrows furrowed. "Set him up?"

Jiseok nodded. "He says you asked Jungkook to assault him that night at the club. Before you went to the bathroom, I mean."

You stifled an appalled gasp. "I would never do something like that, Mr. Choi. I asked Jiho to carry mine and my friends' drinks to our table so I could use the restroom. I didn't even know about the fight until I walked out and saw it," you explained. "I told Jungkook I didn't agree with the way he handled things when we got home that night."

"So you're saying Jungkook did this out of his own volition?"

"Yes," you answered. "But he wouldn't have if Jiho hadn't spiked my drink."

"I didn't spike your fucking drink!" Jiho bellowed.

"Son, please," Jiseok chided.

"No, I'm not gonna let some attention-seeking bitch accuse me of something I didn't do!"

"Watch it," Jungkook cautioned.

"Yeah?" he snickered. "Or what?"

"If you speak about her like that again," he warned, "I'll fucking kill you."

Jiho's contemptuous smirk returned. "Make sure you bury me next to your mom."

With his hands slamming down on the table, Jungkook shot up from his chair. This was a grave mistake because when he did, every guard, including the Choi's, drew their weapons. You let out a small scream—the only person to do so. Nobody else seemed worried or frightened. Not even Blake.

Both Jiseok and Jungmin signaled their guards to back down. The men hesitated for a moment, but thankfully, they obeyed their bosses' command. Jungkook wasn't finished yet, though.

"You're lucky you have daddy's henchmen here to protect you," Jungkook expressed. "Because if they weren't, you'd be dead in the same fucking ditch as your brother."

Palms flat on the table, Jiho leaned in. "Who do you think put him in that ditch, Kook?"

"Alright, that's enough!" Jiseok resolved.

"Sit down, both of you," Jungmin demanded. "Now."

Jungkook continued to glare at Jiho as he sat back in his chair. It was only when he noticed you shaking did he peel his eyes away to check if you were okay.

"I'm fucking dandy," you deadpanned.

"I'm sorry," he whispered.