"Of course, not..." I shrugged it off "Didn't you frame Vikram on a drug case disgracing his image in front of the board members so that eventually you would be voted as the next successor." Raising my brows, I tried to understand what Amir meant by mentioning it. He looked at me sternly seeking an answer, "I never framed anyone it's his personal issues and I don't know why you're acting like I'm the one on trial right now." He brushed it off and asked another ridiculous question "Did you marry into Goel Family so that you can maintain the position you enjoy in Mehra Groups?". My blood boiled as I glared at Raj, he was trying to turn this case making me the bad girl here even after my urge to keep myself away from the case. "Wow... I don't think this has anything to do..." Amir cuts me off in the middle "Do you hate your father because he decreased your stakes in his will?"

"Objection... leading..." the opponent's lawyer yelled "Sustained" the judge mentioned. "I don't care about his will..." my brows knit together. Amir stepped close and mentioned, "Isn't it true that if your father has broken the law bribing the officers then it's to save you from various investigations? Like your father always helped you in business from the time you entered the business taking over pharmaceuticals, half the percentage of real estate business. Then after all this, you accused your father of trying to get you married into Goel Family so that he could save himself but the truth is you did it for your profit." I raised my brows at him, "Can you define profit? As we both have partnerships, you cannot try to make this marriage look like a business deal, and even if it is true, it doesn't have to be considered in this case." I glared at Raj to make it stop but he ignored my urge.

Geetanjali stood up from behind and yelled, "She's a bloody murderer... she killed my son." The officers dragged her out but the damage was caused. Ritika rushed passing me a bottle of water and murmured, "Do something to end this testimony here? Fake a heart attack or faint in the court." I scrunched my nose, "The floors are dirty..." she tapped my palm and left seeing the judge looking at us. Amir passed a document to the person standing next to the judge, "This is the bank statement in which Mr. Mehra provided a check to Mrs. Arora as the consoling amount in her grief as Kabir Arora was the only son of the Arora family after the death of Mr. Arora" my head felt heavy as I was trying to avoid this situation but eventually Raj Kund did what he wanted to do in order to save himself.

Kashika's lawyer stood up, "Your honor was it a consoling amount or it was to keep Mrs. Arora's mouth shut and not to bring the case to light again.". Amir shrugged, "You could consider that but, in the situation, Mr. Mehra took care of a widower who lost her son because of Miss Ishita. It depicts that Mr. Mehra isn't capable to attempt a murder but could do anything to save his beloved daughter." I mentally rolled my eyes.

The opponent's lawyer mentioned, "Are you trying to point out that if Mr. Mehra committed this crime then it was for his daughter?" Amir mentions, "You're trying to find a needle in the hail. I would like to conclude that Mr. Mehra isn't capable to attempt a murder for his profit which means Kashika Malhotra's accusation is baseless and..." before he could point another finger at me and mentions anything about me in his conclusion I stood up and yelled, "You fucking bastard..." slipping my sandal out I threw it in his direction.

Amir ducked it sitting on the ground while the guards approached me grabbing me by my arms. "Miss Ishita... behave..." the judge tried to stop but I was the erupted volcano and threw other things that came in my reach. They dragged me out of the court and the judge dismissed the further trial because of the inconvenience caused. I was fined as well but I don't care unless it brings me out safe. Ritika rushed toward me, "Are you okay?" I huffed in frustration removing the cease from my dress, "I should say yes but no I'm boiling... how dare he call me a daddy's Lil girl who needs his help when clearly, he's the one who needs my help right now." Ritika opened the car door for me, "But that stunt would be mentioned in the news..." that's another hell of a mess. I'm so exhausted...

Getting inside me my house I walked up the stairs but turned to get food when I realized everyone was looking at me. Was some kind of housewarming party going on in my absence who's the red bottom heel? Maa stood up and walked toward me rubbing my arms she asked, "Are you feeling, okay?" I peeped at the person standing behind Armaan and uttered, "My ex's mother appeared in the court and called me a bloody murderer. My father instead of helping me turned the tables and pushed the case for further investigation pointing fingers at me but saving himself in the process. So, I have been better... but tell me why do we have that crazy nutjob inside our house?" Armaan looked at me with guilt in his eyes.

Veronica waved at me, "It's so satisfying to hear that you will go to jail by yourself and I wouldn't have to do any of that hard work." I rolled my eyes, "Don't be like you ever did any hard work else than spreading your legs.". She chuckled, "We could have been good friends if you never got married to Armaan in the first place." I have no idea what she means, "It's not like I have been dying to be friends with someone like you."

Today's task: 25 votes + 35 comments

Hii there my lovely readers 🕮 Hope you liked this chapter, feel free to drop your suggestions and feedback related to the story.

If you want to know about me as an author follow me and drop a message in my inbox. I will surely reply to your text. Stay tuned for more such chapters coming soon💖

Vote and comment to help this book reach more readers...

Keep Reading Keep Smiling☺