Love Candidate - Puppy Love - Chapter 29

Beep... Beep... Beep...

The faint monitor chanted dully inside the cool medical room. I sat against the bed head to stare at my bandaged wrist with my unblinking eyes fixed on the cotton around the wound. The VIP medical suite was devoid of disturbing presences when I woke earlier that morning. I didn't want to alarm the medics, so I sat up on my own to recall the vivid memories before I collapsed. The door suddenly opened after a while, and a tall man in a trench coat stepped into the room with a bag of ginseng drinks. He briefly glanced at me before turning to hang his coat without speaking with me. I watched his composed behavior with a blank expression as he placed the bags on the table in the guest room.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked, unsurely watching Seokjin's withdrawn behavior when he refused to speak or even acknowledge my presence inside the room. Who broke into Taehyung's room that day? Seokjin didn't answer me and sat on the couch to type on his phone, intentionally ignoring my question. I sighed at his petty attitude before glancing down at my hands. Great. At least he's not screaming at me about my stupid suicidal plan. I might just tear the stitches off my wrist if anyone dared to argue with me about it. Seokjin suddenly slipped his phone back into his pocket, then got up to pull a chair next to my bed, so he could sit beside me. 

"Do you want me to call the medics? Or do you need the peace you're getting?" Seokjin exhaled, reaching out to hold my wounded hand with a concerned expression. I glanced at his warm gesture but didn't react and sat motionlessly on the bed to watch him rub my knuckle.

"Keep ignoring me-"

"I was sending work-related files to Secretary Yoo," Seokjin frowned at my grumpy response to his neglect.

"Leave the room and don't tell anyone I'm awake. I'm not up for an argument," I muttered, pulling my hand from Seokjin's grip. Seokjin suddenly grabbed my hand to pull it back, causing me to seethe in pain when I felt my wrist aching uncomfortably.

"Ohoh? The injury is bothering you now? Why didn't you think about the pain when you decided to slit your own wrist?" Seokjin mocked me with a disappointed glare. I glanced down at my hand before averting my eyes back to him. Is he seriously nagging me now? Did he think it'll make me feel better?

"You wanted me to make Taehyung talk, so I did. He did more than just talk," I rolled my eyes, averting my gaze away from Seokjin's disapproving face.

"I didn't tell you to hurt yourself for him! You could've died!" Seokjin snapped, flaring in anger at my dismissive attitude. His brother was really stubborn. I had no choice.

"Wrist cutting has a low success rate. It's a very painful method, but I knew what I was doing-"

"Wrist cutting is self-harm, and I don't care if there's a slim chance of killing you! You can't keep on hurting yourself like this! You could've damaged your nerve permanently if the cut was slightly deeper than it was!" Seokjin scolded, slightly gripping my hand. I stared at his irritated red ears in silence. I have mixed feelings for you, Seokji-shi. Your worried gaze makes me want to melt for you because of my serious daddy issues, but I'm still very wary of your intention toward me.

"Well. We know Taehyung isn't paralyzed, and he can even talk. It's worth it," I shrugged.

"How did you know it was Taehyung-"

"If he didn't get up to push the drawer- then no one could've saved me. Right? Where is he?" I asked with a slight smile. Seokjin stared at my bright response in horror. As if he expects me to sulk over the incident.

"You're a crazy woman. Stop asking about him and get some rest," Seokjin grimaced, turning to shake his head in disbelief.

"I will kill your mother after I recover," I whispered. Seokjin slowly turned to eye me with a worried look but didn't say anything and lowered his face in defeat. She killed my father... so I'll kill her.

Love Candidate | BTS FANFICTIONOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara