Love Candidate - Teddy Bear - Chapter 6

"Jungkook-" Someone swung the door open. We both froze in shock when we turned to find a woman standing by the doorway. The woman halted in place when she found us on the bed and dropped the bag in her hand. I gulped in terror as she stared at me, then averted her eyes to Jungkook, who was gawking back at her.

It was Hyeri. Jungkook's girlfriend.

"Are you sure you'll be alright?" Jungkook questioned as soon as we got to the ground floor of his apartment complex.

"I'll be fine. I think your girlfriend is upset," I muttered as I reached inside my pocket to check the time on my phone. She was very taken aback when she found us together on the bed, and I don't blame her, but she was very understanding. Jungkook reassured her, but she was obviously still upset. It's natural. I felt really sorry, so I decided to leave Jungkook's place.

"She's not upset. She knows about our friendship. That's why I love her," Jungkook assured me, so I exhaled and patted his shoulder. He's so stupid. His girlfriend should be upset.

"Have fun up there," I teased, pointing at his upper penthouse as I strode away from him. Jungkook chuckled softly and waved at me as he watched me from the entrance of the building. I didn't head home and decided to drop by ajumma's place to help her do her chores since it was the weekend. She scolded me for not taking my time off but fed me good food. Ajumma is a single mother. Her husband passed away after getting into an unfortunate accident at a construction site. She has only one son, and he's studying abroad at a prestigious university. She works day and night to support her only child. And she's just like... appa. Always so caring and friendly. People like them... live the unluckiest life. Good people get the worse from life. I wouldn't be here today if it weren't for ajumma's encouragement and support.

I lost all hope after I ran away from my parents. Lost myself... my purpose and my desire to live. It was a very dark and shameful phase. I went down the dark path because I desperately wanted to forget the miseries I was in. I wanted to numb my sorrows, so I stole. I did drugs. I drank. I hooked up with guys I met at clubs and slept with them at sketchy motels.

Jungkook tried to change me. He was very disappointed with what I was doing to myself, so I left his place to thrive on my own. I was very stubborn and chose to drown myself because I was hurt. It was the only excuse I had to justify my actions. I was foolish, so Jungkook... got extremely angry at me and at one point, he gave up on me. He didn't talk to me, and we didn't contact each other. So, I strayed farther and farther away from the good side of the world until I met Jimin.

We clicked the instant we met. He didn't know who I was because I never told him anything about my identity, not until much later. We got together, and hell, we were Bonnie and Clyde. We were partners in crime. I loved the thrill of living a sinful life with Jimin. We did drugs together. We got drunk. We got into fights with people like us. We scammed people. We broke the laws and lived with little to no cash.

But surprisingly, Jimin convinced me to stop our meaningless cycle of illegal acts. Because if we kept up with our unhealthy lifestyle, we'd end up as criminals on the wanted list. He didn't want us to live that way because he wanted to live a better life. A life clean of our past traumas. Specifically my traumas. Jimin had no choice but to live his life because his parents were poor. But for me? I was living the life on purpose because I was torn. Jimin knew I was wasting away my life and opportunities, so he wanted a new beginning for us. For me. So he took me to his parent's local store. His father was generous enough to offer me a part-time job at their store, and I was even allowed to stay at their cramped home. His mother fed me warm meals and she even insisted on sending me to school, but I refused her offer. They thought of me as their own family. I loved Jimin, so I agreed to stay off the streets and work for his parents. We were happy for a brief moment, not until I messed up.