Love Candidate - Red Woman - Chapter 28

Disclaimer: Mature scenes & Self-harm.

________________________

Flashback: Jiyoung x Namjoon drunk moment.

Thud. I sleepily lifted my head off the cushions after hearing the brief noise to find a person leaning against the wall as if he's struggling to walk forward. I'm a light sleeper, so even a faint sound will wake me from a deep sleep. I sat up on the couch in confusion, narrowing my eyes on the guy until I realized it was Namjoon. What is he doing down here?

"Are you alright?" I asked, getting off the couch to approach him.

"I'm fine- Just a bit dazed," Namjoon mumbled, slightly shaking his head while leaning against the wall for support. I studied his flustered cheeks in silence as he slowly straightened his body to regain his balance. He looks drunk and sick? Did I make him drink too much?

"Stay here then. I'll bring you warm water," I carefully supported Namjoon's heavy body with my arm around his waist. I brought him back to the couch to settle him down before strolling out of the dark living room to search for warm water. It took me about ten minutes to locate their kitchen because all the maids were asleep, so I had to figure out the mansion's layout by myself. I carefully poured the warm water into a mug after their automatic boiler alarmed me of the purified water, finally returning to the living room with it. I expected Namjoon to wait for me, but the living room was empty.

"Oh? Did he leave?" I muttered while standing in the empty room before glancing at the dark staircase. Should I bring it to him? I exhaled and walked up to the first floor with the mug, turning toward the right corridor to find a door left slightly open.

"I didn't know he'd be this drunk over a few cans of beer," I mumbled, strolling toward the door to enter a neat room. Unlike the royal interior of the mansion, the bedroom's interior was pretty stylish. I'm not surprised. Namjoon's taste is pretty predictable, even at his office. I carefully settled the mug on Namjoon's desk piled with stacking files while examing the room when my eyes landed on a picture frame. I lifted it up to find Namjoon standing in his graduation attire with his parents. Mr. Kim was standing proudly with his chest puffed out while Mrs. Kim clung to Namjoon's arm as he hugged a bouquet. It must be his university graduation picture. The number of medals could've broken his neck with its weight.

"Oh? Did you really bring me warm water?" Namjoon asked, suddenly stepping out of the bathroom with a soaked face and hair.

"Yeah. You disappeared-"

"I was very dizzy and felt like vomiting, so I ran back to my room. Took a quick shower," Namjoon mumbled, walking toward me in his casual outfit. I lifted the mug and handed it to him with a faint smile.

"Drink up, you noobie!" I teased. He has low alcohol tolerance, it's funny. Namjoon weakly smiled as he accepted the mug and carefully drank the water while I intensely stared at his damp hair. Water is dripping from his bangs. I quickly reached out to ruffle the towel over his hair, causing Namjoon to freeze in his place at my unexpected action.

"Do you have a maternal instinct to care for another person?" Namjoon smiled as I dabbed his face with the towel. A mother's instinct? It became my habit to care for another person since I got with Taehyung.

"No. I have serious daddy issues," I joked, gently brushing his bangs backward to reveal his hot and defined complexion. Namjoon stood before me with the mug between his hands to stare at my face with his rosy red cheeks. He slowly placed the mug on the desk as I innocently patted the towel over his head. I used to do this for Taehyung all the time when he was alive.