Love Candidate - Invisible Shadows - Chapter 12

So... he's really sure about me? Why did I doubt him when he was always this sincere?

The empty hospital door hummed with subtle monitor beeps as I sat on the bench with my hands clasped over my face. I sighed and straightened my back as I shakily shook my legs, nervously glancing at the ER to find Seokjin's guards securing the door.

"Jiyoung-shi! Are you alright? I just received the news," Secretary Yoo suddenly appeared with a worried yet startled expression as he rushed up to me in his work attire.

"I'm fine, but Seokjin is in the ER," I anxiously turned to look at the emergency room after I got onto my feet to greet the secretary.

"I need to contact his parents. Excuse me," Secretary Yoo hurriedly drew out his phone to contact the Kims as I paced back and forth, worriedly biting my finger. Why was Seokjin attacked? Was it a robbery? But the person didn't have anything with them? Taehyung got hurt not too long ago... now Seokjin too? I halted when my phone started ringing, so I quickly answered it.

"Where are you?! It's almost midnight, and you're not home-"

"I'm at the hospital. Seokjin got hurt," I interrupted Taehyung when he tried to shout at me through the phone.

"Moh? What do you mean he's hurt???" Taehyung questioned in a baffled tone.

"I don't know. Someone broke into his place. He's in the emergency room right now- Moh? Hello?- Oh?" I tried to explain when Taehyung suddenly hung up on me. I lowered my phone in confusion and turned to find Secretary Yoo speaking with Seokjin's guards with an uptight expression. I slumped back onto the bench and leaned back with my eyes closed. What would've happened if I didn't visit him tonight?

"What happened? Why is he hurt???" Taehyung suddenly appeared in the hallway with a questioning look half an hour after calling me. I sat up worriedly when I noticed he was still limping on his left leg. I thought he wanted to hide from everyone until he recovered?

"Sir," Secretary Yoo greeted Taehyung while eyeing his bandaged head with a puzzled expression.

"You went to his house?" Taehyung asked, turning to look at me with a questioning look. I was about to answer his question when we heard footsteps storming through the corridor.

"My poor baby! Is he alright!? My Seokjinie~! Aigo~!" Mrs. Kim cried in distress as she rushed down the corridor with her husband and guards, looking as pale as a worried mother would be.

"Anneonghaseyo," I greeted them when they got to us.

"Taehyungie! Where have you been? I couldn't contact you for days! And what happened to your head?!" Mrs. Kim gasped in shock when she found her youngest son standing in the hallway with a bruised face and bandaged head.

"I got into an accident," Taehyung weakly smiled at his mother as she cupped his cheeks to examine his beaten face with a torn expression.

"What happened? Why is my son hurt?" Mr. Kim grimaced at Seokjin's secretary. Taehyung briefly glanced at my stained shirt while patting his mother's shoulder to comfort her.

"According to the guards, Jiyoung screamed for help after she entered his villa to see him. They couldn't find the culprit, but we'll review the camera footage around his property," Secretary Yoo informed his parents.

"Omo! You were with him!? Did you see the culprit? Who hurt my son?" Mrs. Kim suddenly grabbed my forearm, making me seethe in pain when she applied pressure on the fresh cuts I got from crashing onto the glass table.

"Oh? I saw Seokjin, but I didn't see the culprit's face-"

"Omo! Doctor! Is my Seokjin alright!?" Mrs. Kim suddenly pushed past me with little to no attention when the emergency door opened, and a doctor stepped out in his lab coat.