47

2 months later:

Santana: alright everyone, first I'm going to introduce myself and then we'll go around the room so you all can introduce yourselves. My name is Santana Parker I am 27, I am a father of 2 month old twin boys. I am engaged and I am also the owner of Bud Buddies medical Dispensary. I started "A mile to Brotherhood" because I've been in your footsteps. I was in gangs, I sold drugs, I jumped people, and was kicked out of school but I was able to change my life. I got myself back on track and now I'm an successful entrepreneur and I want to stop you guys before it's too late and get you all back on track.

(Everybody claps)

Santana: thank you, imma start here with Jamel and go around the room.

Jamel: stands up) I'm Jamel Price and I'm 13 , I used to be in a gang.

Santana pov: once my mind cleared from my mama's death, Raven helped me get my program together and after getting LLCs and proper documentation it was up and running finally. I rented a spot in this local Rec center and bae posted a flyer about me on her page and within no time we had people siging their boys up. Today was day one and it was a nice turn out. About 20 boys look like they're from the ages of 12 to 17. Everyone introduced themselves and surprisingly I don't see anyone imma have a hard time with.

Santana: thank you all for introducing yourselves. My goal for this program is to guide y'all on the way to success. I'm not gone lecture y'all and make y'all do school work. I want this to be a chill zone, a place where you feel if you had an issue you could come to me or if you needed to talk to somebody you have plenty of people to depend on. I'm sure whoever signed y'all up, wanted to see a change in y'all and I want to help y'all achieve that.

3 hours later:

Raven pov: bae's first day was today with the mentoring program and he had a lot of people sign up. I hope it turned out well for him. I had pulled up to the center because I had just left the twins doctor appointment and Wanted to see how things were going for him. I strapped them into the stroller and then went inside and all the way to the end of the hall where his class was.

Raven: peeks in ) nice turn out

Santana: smiles) glad you're here come on in and say hi

Raven: oh no ( smiles) you know I'm shy

Santana: laughs) come on, everyone this is My Fiancé Raven

Raven: steps in) hello everyone

Drew: Dang Mr. P she's a baddie (smiles)

Twan: man for real( smiles )you got a little sister ?

Raven:(laughs) no I don't

Santana:(laughs) she'll pop in from time to time, matter of fact everyone follow her hair page. She's the best stylist in Houston

Raven: yes I am, come get y'all hair cut ( smiles)

Raven pov: once the class was was over the boys started leaving  and I could tell they all really enjoyed the group. I have a feeling this will be very successful for bae

J/m: hey how it go today Jamel ?

Jamel:it was really good

Santana: hey Layla, glad you're here. Raven this is Jamel

Raven: ohh, hi Jamel, so nice to finally meet you(smiles) I've heard a lot about you

Raven pov: this little boy looked like Jamal but it could just be a coincidence.

Layla: Raven?

Raven: looks up) you look familiar ,I know you ?

Layla: Jamal's ex Girlfriend, we dated on and off before he got wit Brooklyn

Raven:(shocked) wow it's been so long

Layla: Jamel go wait in the hall for me

Jamel:okay, see you Mr. P

Santana: see ya Jamel

(Jamel goes in the hall)

Layla: that's your nephew Jamel (smiles)

Raven: why haven't you ever came around ? Has he meet his sister ?

Layla: your father, kept me away,  Jamal and i were 15 when he was born. Yes he does know his sister. Brooklyn brings her around a lot but I told her never to tell y'all.

Raven: wow I can't believe it. Was Jay in his life?

Layla: sighs) yes, he was a great father, Jamel was so hurt when he passed

Raven: Omg, man I wish I would've known. I'm so sorry my dad treated you that way. (Sighs)  he's known for being an asshole

Layla: I would love for you to get to know him, Jamal talked about you all the time (smiles)

Raven: Fans her eyes) aww don't make me cry, I would love to be in his life

Santana: here cry baby (laughs and hands her some tissue)

Raven:( dries her eyes) Tana I'll be back

Santana: okay

Raven pov: I can't believe I have a nephew and didn't know. Jamal and I were super close he could've told me. Me and Layla went into the hall and man Jamel looked just like Jamal, man I swear it was like having my brother right in front of me.

Layla: Jamel you know who this is ?(smiling)

Jamel: smiles) hi Tt Ray

Raven: tearing up) wow you look just like your daddy

Jamel: smiles) I get his good looks right ?

Raven: and his humor, give me a hug

Jamel:(stands up and hugs her tightly ) nice to meet you Tt

Raven: it's nice to meet you to (smiles)

Raven pov: I exchanged numbers with Layla and Jamel and we took a few pictures once I stopped crying. Man he really was a mirror image of Jamal.

Jamel: so Tt we should hang out some time and get to know each other

Raven: of course we do (smiles) I'm working tomorrow but how about Saturday?

Jamel: can I go wit Tt after practice mama ?

Layla: yeah baby

Jamel:smiles) well see you Saturday

Raven: bye baby (hugs him again)