Chapter 14

Standing behind the turret, Vivian sent out a quick message to everyone in the game.

newplayer72836 (all): ???

The enemies on her lane kept pushing without any signs of giving up. One of the enemies opened his voice chat to all and said, "Newplayer, can you just let us attack you? We don't want to fight our idol, but we also don't want to move without killing you first..."

The viewers, who were listening, flooded the chat with laughing emojis.

MarshmallowsBeloved70: so it turned out that the enemies were fans of marsh too lololol

pineapplepizzaliker: theyre probably watching the stream too what kind of setup is this [laughing crying emoji]x10

cutebabyforever18: tbh i understand him, i wouldn't want to attack my idol too......

FollowingMarshieForever111: same

MarshiesBiggestFan000: same (2)

Vivian typed in another message.

newplayer (all): bot??

"One of our teammates said he'd handle it, but he didn't expect to die so quickly..." the opponent trailed off.

newplayer (all): ...

Hearing this, Marshmallow opened his VC to all. "Bro, don't worry too much about it. Just forget that I'm your idol, relax, and have fun!" A sound of something dropping followed after this.

"Ah, s-sorry, I dropped my phone. W-we'll try to do as you say, idol," the enemy stuttered out, nervous that his idol talked to him and closed his VC. His friends beside him stared daggers at him, but it was alright; their idol spoke to him and not them. It was natural that they'd feel jealous.

The three of them finally retreated and went to the other lanes, letting Vivian be able to go back to base to heal.

Twenty minutes later, both sides were down a couple of turrets. After the enemies "relaxed," they started to treat the game a bit more seriously. With all players on the map having similar tiers, it wasn't surprising that it would result in this.

The stream chat was split on speculating who would win. Half of them were loyally rooting for Marshmallow's team, while the other half thought that the enemy group had a bigger chance of winning since the players knew each other and had better synergy. The originally lighthearted match had evolved into something heavier somewhere in the middle.

Marshmallow (team): should we keep on defending? i dont think we'll be able to get anywhere with this

With the enemy team able to watch the stream, they'd unanimously abandoned the voice chat and opted to use the in-game chat instead halfway through the game.

King (team): ...@ most distract them a bit at top while me and new attack the dragon lord

newplayer (team): ok.

Most Handsome (team): Ah?? Solo again???? I dont think i can handle them

King (team): ill meet you halfway, just keep them busy for a while

King (team): @ killer stay with marshmallow and push bot, theyre probably waiting for us for a teamfight so separate them

King (team): try not to die before then

Killer (team): [thumbs up emoji]

Marshmallow (team): [OK sticker]

Most Handsome (team): Understood boss