Chapter 11

She put her envelope inside the bag with the clothes and went back to the lobby to check out what the higher grade tasks were. She noticed that the few that were pinned on the blue board were similar to the ones she saw on the violet board, while the rest of the colored boards suddenly had nothing on them.

Realizing that they might replace them for the new academic year, she turned around and decided to try her luck again tomorrow.

She walked to her bike and unlocked it, deciding to go to the cafeteria to eat first. It was approaching nine-thirty in the morning, and more students were coming back at this time. With orange-colored trees, the campus seemed a bit livelier, with scenes of friends reuniting after the summer break and chatting with each other.

Around 10 minutes later, Vivian arrived at the cafeteria and ordered from a different food stall this time. Her tray contained bread filled with chocolate, a small fruit salad, and a milk bottle. Eating slowly, she saw that the gamer she liked watching videos of, Marshmallow, was holding a live stream and entered it. Marshmallow was a gamer with a baby face but was a beast in the gaming community. He was around Vivian's age and was still attending school, with streaming as a side hobby.

She first discovered him while caring for her sickly father in the hospital. His video also introduced her to the game she liked playing now.

"Ayyy, today, we're scheduled for a 10-hour stream because I won't be able to stream as much after today!" he announced. The chat box was filled with crying emojis and viewers telling him not to abandon them.

"??? I'm not abandoning anyone! I can stream, but I need to focus on my academics more," he replied after seeing the comments. The chat box was suddenly bombarded with comments about him being a good child and what a responsible student he was.

"Anyways, I'm going to play different games today but first on the list is the highly-rated and popular game, Stadium of the Best!" he declared. The chat cheered in the comments, some sending gifts to him on screen.

Stadium of the Best first gained popularity a few years ago after big-name celebrities were hired for their commercials. It became more popular after people realized that the initials of the game were SoB, which was similar to the curse word "s*n of a b*tch."

With memes around it boosting its reputation more on the Internet, more people discovered the game. The game was well-made and available to play on *PC and mobile. It was also a multiplayer online battle arena based or a MOBA, a trendy and hyped genre back when the game was released years ago. Today, SoB holds its competitions and is considered one of the biggest games in esports, along with being a staple for regular people wanting to play by themselves or with their friends.

notes:
*PC- personal computer
*esports- a multiplayer video game played competitively for spectators, typically by professional gamers (definition from Oxford dictionary)