Chapter 111

“Zhu Zhu, I have the impression that you don’t really like your mother.” On the way back to the city, Yun Shi Wei voiced the question in his mind. Having gone to war for several years, he had mastered the art of observing others and could pick out what they were feeling from their expressions and each of their movements.

“Second Cousin, you really don’t resemble the previous Second Cousin, who didn’t have a brain, at all. If I didn’t know you especially well, I would have thought you had been possessed by an evil spirit.” Ruan Zhu had been thinking about something. Upon hearing her Lord Husband’s question, she couldn’t help but to side-eye him.

“If I was still the same as before, how could I have the achievements I do now?” Yun Shi Wei chuckled: “I think you are in conflict with Maternal Aunt and don’t treat her as warmly as you do with Maternal Uncle. Don’t children like to act spoiled towards their parents? The way you treat Maternal Aunt is just like how one would respect an elder.”

Ruan Zhu tilted her head, appearing both melancholy and doubtful: “Second Cousin, let me ask you something. Am I important or are the children important? If our child and I were to simultaneously fall into a river, who would you save first?”

Yun Shi Wei scratched his head, his eyebrows knitting together: “Zhu Zhu, this question is really hard to answer. Of course you’re important, but the child is also important too. Losing the child will cause me pain, but losing you, my life will completely lose meaning. We can always have more children. In any case, it’s not like we can’t have more.”

This was the reason why, in the most pivotal part, her previous father would rather save that woman and escape, leaving his biological daughter to be crushed into pieces by stone.

Having to see her child die before her eyes–impossible, she could never do it. Men were not the ones that gave birth so they didn’t understand the emotion in carrying one’s own flesh and blood. She carried each child for ten moons. From the moment she could feel each child’s movements within her belly, maternal love engulfed her.

To men, their beloved woman was far more precious than their child at any point in time. But if one said her previous father regarded romantic love as important, then how could he have liked the old and hated the new and done such a thing as abandoning her mother? He also treated Qin Hai Dong, that adopted son, very well, much better than how he treated her, his biological daughter.

In her previous world, she had met with tragedy after tragedy because of her father’s heartlessness. Having transmigrated, how could she allow the tragedy to continue?

It was true that she didn’t like Madam Ruan, and to the point where she disliked the idea of her entering the doors of the Ruan residence’s entrance. But she disliked even more the idea of Ruan Zi Xu inviting a strange woman inside. If the lady then led in a Zhang Hai Dong or a Li Hai Dong, she’d go insane.

“Second Cousin, you have four developed limbs and a simple mind. There are many things you don’t understand.” Ruan Zhu sarcastically spoke but knew the current Yun Shi Wei was capable of supporting both heaven and earth and was the epitome of the three words ‘a masculine man.’

“You have the cheek to mock me? Watch as I make it so that you won’t be able to get out of bed tonight.”

From the day her milk had stopped to the present, over twenty days had already passed. Her monthlies hadn’t arrived yet, but his desire to have a child had grown stronger and stronger with each passing day. He stretched his hand inside her clothes to tickle her underarm, watching as she collapsed into his lap in uncontrollable giggles, feeling extremely content. Abruptly, those bright eyes became filled with tears and he hastily let go.