Chapter 26: Punishing Mister Peacock

Ruan Zhu led the servants in window shopping, constantly stopping before continuing their stroll. She walked into a few stores and bought some items for them to carry. When they arrived at Ming Xiang Cui Yu, over half of a sichen had already passed. The male servants were fine but she was feeling rather tired.

Manager Yu warmly received her and led her to the drawing room specially for VIP customers, where he offered her some Shanming tea. Yun Feng and the rest were led by a shop assistant to a room where servants waited.

After a moment, Manager Yu cautiously and solemnly placed a delicate box on the table. Removing the lid, a set of exquisitely handcrafted jewelry was revealed.

Ruan Zhu picked up each piece one at a time to scrutinize them. Not bad. They were forged exactly as she had requested. Each piece was adorned with sapphires imported from Persia that had been carved into angular shapes. When the gems reflected the sunlight, they appeared even more dazzling.

“Saying this is a little shameful, but this old one has been dealing with jewelry for a lifetime yet has never known that cutting gems into angular shapes could make them shine so brilliantly, practically resembling the bright stars in the Heavens. It really causes one to be amazed. How did Miss think of this?”

How should she answer? Say she stole the idea, that she heard it from someone, or that she saw it in some place? She wasn’t as noble as the transmigrated girls in novels. Transmigration, that bizarre affair, was something that the Heavens bestowed after all. Only a fool would not use the knowledge in their head to give themselves benefits.

“I randomly thought of it.” She insipidly responded with a sentence.

Picking up a bracelet, she slid it onto her left wrist. The chain bracelet was connected to a slender ring via a thin connecting chain. She slid the ring onto her ring finger and held her hand up for a look, exposing a satisfied style. This era did not have chain bracelets so the one she designed was the first in this period. This style should be very eye-catching, right?

“That indeed is hard to come by. Miss Qin just randomly thought of it and it turned out so well. If you were to carefully think about it, wouldn’t the results be exceptional?”

In the middle of admiring her masterpiece, Ruan Zhu’s line of thought was interrupted by a man’s voice. Raising her head, she discovered it was the peacock man, Liu Fei Xu. He was indeed called Liu Fei Xu. Though his name was about the same as Liu Ruins, this time she did not confuse the two.

“Has Mister Liu been well?” With an indifferent expression, Ruan Zhu stood up and bowed in greeting. In order to not lose face, she had spent a great deal of time learning the etiquette of the ancients after transmigrating.

“Why use that expression? I am not a ghost.” Liu Fei Xu felt unusually gloomy. When other females saw him, which one of them wasn’t like flies attracted to honey, sticking next to him?

“Does Mister Liu have a matter?” Ruan Zhu placed two silver banknotes on top of the table. Turning her head around, she realized Manager Yu was no longer in the drawing room. “These two banknotes are sufficient to cover the cost of this jewelry set. I still have some matters, so will take my leave.”

The first time they met, she had teased Liu Fei Xu because she had just transmigrated and thought everything was novel, but now that the other party continued to nag her, she only felt dislike and disgust. People were just like so, doing things they knew were wrong but still doing them anyway. Not cherishing others’ visiting you; feeling too disinclined and lazy to respond to others’ questions; yet thinking that your own self stands out from the masses. Ruan Zhu was also just an average person.