Chapter 5: Visiting Yun Manor

Sitting on his lap, Ruan Zhu found herself in a situation that she’d be embarrassed to show other people. Smiling sweetly, she replied, “That’s right~ In the future you better not infuriate me else you’ll suffer.”

He placed his hand on her forehead that had just been bruised: “Does it still hurt?”

She shook her head. After her mother’s death, she had suffered so much. How could this little bruise be painful? There actually wasn’t anything bad with leaving her previous modernized world! Back there, she had practically been an orphan and had been poor in love and poor in wealth.

In a flash, she discovered that she had hit the jackpot. How blessed she was to be loved so by the ones currently surrounding her. The things that she previously could never have, despite desperately craving for them in her past life, have all been perfectly obtained after she crossed over. It seems she was still favored by the Heavens.

After exiting the city, they traveled on one road and signs of other humans gradually became sparse. Farmland dotted the landscape as far as the eye could see. Because it was still spring, they frequently saw farmers busy tilling their fields.

Yun Shi Yi provided an explanation: “Lan Zhou is located at the border of a large river, thus has fertile soil and abundant rainfall. Most of the land is used to plant rice paddies. Every year, the majority of the planted food is transported to the Imperial Capital on ships via Lan River. Not only is it convenient, it also reduces the amount of manpower required if other methods of transportation were used.”

Tian Chu’s Lan River was equivalent to her previous world’s Grand Canal in China, both linking north and south together. Many travelers heading to the capital from Lan Zhou choose to travel by boat, as it was much more convenient compared to riding in a carriage and having to rest in inns.

Yun Shi Yi pointed at the vast expanse of cultivated land outside the window, proudly saying: “From here on forward, all of this is land belongs to the Yun family. Those farmers are all tenants of ours and there’s around five or six hundred of them.”

The Yun clan is a large landowner in Lan Zhou. Yun Shi Yi is the eldest son and also the son of the first husband. In the future, he would receive a large part of the family’s production capital but because he had numerous male siblings, it’s inevitable that resentments would form in regards to the topic of dividing the family’s property. Four years ago, Yun Shi Yi had abandoned everything to do with his family. Taking his one full brother with him, he went to Lan Zhou to try to make his living. He wanted to use his own two hands to create something of value, and sure enough, the Heavens couldn’t bear to turn its back on such a resolute man, letting him succeed halfway.

“How far is it from here to the Yun manor? If it’s not far, is it possible to go on foot?” Ruan Zhu felt that staying inside the carriage was too stuffy. It being spring, the weather was not too cold or too hot, just perfect for taking a walk.

“It’s not considered far, only about three to five li away. That distance is fine for a male, but I’m afraid it’s not that easy for a girl like you.” Yun Shi Wei smiled and held her while exiting the carriage. He was truly addicted to carrying her. The girl had a soft physique unlike the hardness of a man, revealing her clean scent and making it so that he loved it too much to part.

With a red face, Ruan Zhu said: “You always hold me, making me embarrassed. I can walk by myself.”

“Oh, is that so?” Yun Shi Yi joked close to her ear: “But I think my little wife is awfully delicate, hmm? Otherwise, why would you faint when doing that?”

“Doing what?” Ruan Zhu was flabbergasted before remembering the 3P incident from last night. She couldn’t help but be ashamed and buried her face in his chest.