Chapter 59

Last night, Lu Piao Xiang was too excited, causing Ruan Zhu to also not have slept well. Squinting her eyes at his figure that had already risen, she called for Nuan Chun to enter and serve his Master the morning meal before flipping over and going back to sleep.

Ruan Zhu would have continued sleeping until the day was bright if it wasn’t for Ruan Yu running over in boredom.

“Eldest Sister, get up. While Pa isn’t home, let’s go bring Ma back.” Ruan Yu rocked her shoulder and pat it a few times before shouting: “It’s already this late yet you’re still sleeping. Even pigs wake up earlier than you.”

“There are no classes on the weekend.” Ruan Zhu dazedly said a sentence and pulled the blankets over her head.

“Hurry and get up; ‘the weekend,’ my butt.” Ruan Yu tore her blankets off.

“Hah? Weekend?” Ruan Zhu started and sat up. She stared blankly at her before pointing a finger in her direction: “You’re a transmigrator; who are you? Quickly come out from inside, otherwise I’ll pour black dog’s blood all over you.”

“Eldest Sister, you’ve gone insane.”

Ruan Yu picked up a pillow and swung it at her head. Luckily, Ruan Zhu’s pillow was different from the ones typical of this era and was filled with cotton, or else she would not have avoided sustaining an injury. Although the pillow was not heavy, it was still able to hit her into wakefulness. She dazedly looked at her second sister. Thankfully, she was still normal. She then lowered her head and looked at herself. Last night after she had finished messing around in the study with Lu Piao Xiang, they had returned and changed into pajamas. If they had messed around in bed, then they would have simply gone to sleep right after.

“Yu’er, in the future when you want to enter my room, remember to knock.” Ruan Zhu stretched: “Leave first, I want to change.”

Ruan Yu scoffed and said disdainfully: “It’s not like I don’t know what’s on your body. We used to bathe together when we were little, hmm? What are you now pretending to be pure for when you have already become a mother? Hurry up and get ready, we still have to bring Mother back.”

“I got it.”

One sichen later, Ruan Zhu was ready. Because she was going to her nominal maternal grandparents’ home, she did not want to lose face and intentionally dressed up. Her upper body was attired in emerald green floating Su silk that was threaded with gold, while a trailing skirt with scattered pink daffodils and green leaves was on her lower half. The slender and delicate waist was bound by a jadeite brocade belt with a purple border and on the side of her midriff hung a crescent mutton-fat jade.

Her hair had been coiled by Nuan Chun into a suiyunji.

Her hair had been coiled by Nuan Chun into a suiyunji and an emerald jade hairpin had been inserted, reflecting a face that was like a hibiscus with a pair of sparkling phoenix eyes and spotlessly white skin that was like a freshly peeled egg. The mesmerizing small mouth was like a just-bloomed plum blossom and a pair of small dimples were symmetrically placed on either sides of her cheeks. With a faint smile, these dimples would faintly appear, making her as lovely and cute as a fairy.

As the weather was still a little cold, she draped a brand new arctic fox fur cloak lined with pink satin over her shoulders, and the lotus flower stepped out of her room.

Ruan Yu had also changed clothes. Her long hair was bound by a hairpin and an indigo satin long gown with tight sleeves was on her body. On her feet were a pair of delicate and small moccasins and her entire outfit was like her temper–all fresh, relaxed, and in order. She looked Ruan Zhu up and down a few times: “Eldest Sister, it’s hard to imagine but you actually look rather good after dressing up.”