Chapter 89

The new residence’s name was ‘Guan Ju Villa,’ taken from the first line in a poem in the Book of Songs–‘Guan guan’ cry the ospreys / on the islet in the river. With regards to this name, it was something that Yun Shi Yi had come up with after thinking for a very long time, and it signified his unflinching love towards his wife.[a]

Guan Ju Villa occupied twenty thousand square meters and the main room had a very embarrassing name of Yi Zhu Cottage[b]; it was the married couple’s joint residence. No matter how noble and high the two princes’ statuses were, they could not snatch the principal husband’s limelight and Yun Shi Yi was of course unwilling to let others reside in the main courtyard.

When the gatekeeper on duty saw his masters had returned, he excitedly went inside to report. The young couple had yet to step inside the reception pavilion when they saw a large group of people heading towards them from inside. In the front were the two Yun elders, with Master Yun holding his first grandson–Yun Zhi Xi–in his arms while beaming with a kind of joy.

Behind them was Xuanyuan Min Zhi and Ruan Yu. However, Xuanyuan Zong Zhi and Yun Shi Wei were not present. They were presumably at their posts and had not yet returned.

Ruan Zhu performed the rites towards the two elders and wished for the good health of the father and mother pair. Zhi Xi opened up his small hands, his face full of grievance, as he complained: “Ma, huggy……” as if his mother abandoning him for over ten days was a large crime.

Ruan Zhu took her child and pointed towards Yun Shi Yi: “Listen well Zhi Xi, this is your Pa, quickly call him Papa.” She was actually very uncertain as to whether or not her child would be able to recognize his own father, but in fact, her worries were superfluous. The appearances of the two Yun brothers were similar and the only difference between the two was their personalities. But how could Zhi Xi understand that? He only felt that Yun Shi Yi was incredibly familiar.

“Papa!” A crisp voice called out with not a single bit of unfamiliarity.

“Son, my son.” Yun Shi Yi took his son into his arms and kissed his small cheeks. A kind of dense emotion arising from his bones echoed through his heart, and he became emotionally moved from happiness, so joyful his eyes narrowed into lines.

Master Yun happily beamed: “It is good that you were able to return as Zhi Xi has noisily asked for his mother every day. Zhu’er, it is good that you came back.”

Madam Yun saw her son’s family had reunited and her heart also became full of contentment: “Zhi Xi looks just like his father. When he was younger, he was also loved by all like this.”

“Wife, when Mother heard you were returning, she traveled a month in advance from Yun manor to wait here.”

Really? Didn’t they all say that a mother favored her son because her standing increased because of him? She thought that perhaps the two elders cared more about Zhi Xi, right?

When it was time to eat the meal, Ruan Zhu became uncomfortable from Xuanyuan Min Zhi’s icy eyes that continuously bore holes into her as if she had committed an excessively large crime. It caused her to not even be in the mood to eat. Honestly, it wasn’t easy to be the wife to four men and wanting to remain impartial was even more challenging. What did she do? Hadn’t she successfully fooled him the day after they had gotten married?

After the meal, the two elders brought Zhi Xi back into their own courtyard, setting aside time for the children to fool around.

Ruan Zhu had someone bring over the twins. She hadn’t expected the boy and girl pair to have learned how to sit in the half month that she was gone. Bo Yu was thin and relatively nimble and could sit for very long periods of time. Bo Ya was a little chubbier. Becoming tired after sitting for a little while, she fell over on side to rest.