"They're Kole's"

Course they are.

An elevator at the far corner of the basement, took us up to a well-lit, tastefully decorated office floor. I felt myself sweat a little, knowing that I was going to face one of the brothers. Which one though, was the million-dollar question.

The suspense however, was thankfully short-lived as we walked through a set of double doors into a private office. My heart stalled at the sight of Marcus seated at his desk and looking ruggedly handsome in a business suit. He appeared to be busy, signing a few papers that the woman standing beside him was pointing out while also typing away on his keyboard intermittently.

A flash of jealously roared to life at the way her generous cleavage danced close to his face and her overly seductive perfume filled the air around the room.

Marcus glanced up right then, his head tilting to the side as he regarded me closely. I forced myself to swallow the jealously, knowing he could sense it through the bond but to my utter humiliation my treacherous heart refused to comply. His grey eyes, very much like Thomas's silver-grey narrowed as he turned to look at the woman beside him before turning back to me with a sly smirk playing on his lips. Fuck my life.

"Mia. Come, have a seat."

And just like that, the woman gathered up the papers and hurried out of the room followed closely by Liam. When the door closed behind them, I took a deep breath, forcing my emotions under control before walking over to one of the seats across from his desk. Up close, his aura was magnetic, dragging me into a deep dark void of no return.

"You look beautiful"

My lips pressed together in silent contempt at the compliment but I did not respond. After the recent string of events, I could not bring myself to believe anything these men said.

"Why am I here?"

A long moment of silence passed between us. And despite the discomfort of being under the scrutiny of his heavy gaze, I held my own.

To my surprise, it was Marcus who withdrew from the stare down after a few minutes when he looked towards his computer.

"It appears you have a visitor."

Confusion whirled through my mind as I tried and failed to hide my surprise. "What?...uh...Who?"

Watching me carefully, Marcus turned the screen around. My eyes fell on a live video feed where a lonely figure sat, staring off into space in some kind of a conference room.

And as I narrowed my gaze to get a good look, a wave of panic hit me in full force. I didn't need the video feed to be clear to recognise that head of curly hair.

Sasha!

In a flash, I was transported to the day when I had to helplessly watch Thomas bleed out and almost die in front me.

I felt the nausea rise as my panic sky rocketed in an instant. Jumping out of my seat, I yelled out, anger and anxiety seeping through every pore. "What have you done?! Why is she here? I swear if you touch her, I will-"

"Calm down. Nobody's done anything to her. She is here because she's looking for you."

Marcus had not moved, did not flinch nor did his expression change. He simply continued to watch me as I went through all the different emotions. This man, I realised, never lost control. He was in charge of his world and nothing could challenge that.

Me, on the other hand, I was anything but in control. With adrenaline running high, I was ready to bolt out the door and find Sasha. I was prepared to kill any monster that stood in the way, even my so-called mates.