49.

Today was finally Haneul's first birthday. It started off like any other normal day, really. Jungkook had woken up before Jimin as he always did, getting up from the bed to go check on their daughter to see if she was awake yet.

He stood up from the bed, making sure he didn't wake up Jimin, before slowly walking over to the door to leave the room. He stepped next door into Haneul's room, the little toddler still laying down in her crib.

Jungkook walked over to her crib, seeing that she was going in and out of sleep, her eyes fluttering open slowly before shutting again. He smiled softly, reaching his hand down to carefully pat her head.

"Get a little more rest, bun. Today's a big day for you." Jungkook spoke quietly before leaving the room.

He laid back down beside Jimin, the younger squirming a bit as he moved closer to Jungkook. Jimin let out a heavy sigh, eyes still closed as his eyebrows furrowed together.

"Jimin?" Jungkook mumbled, voice worrisome as he noticed Jimin's discomforted expression.

"What's wrong, baby?" He whispered.

"I don't feel well." Jimin answered, finally opening his eyes to meet gazes with Jungkook.

"How so?" Jungkook asked, pressing the back of his hand against the boy's head to check for a fever.

Jimin abruptly sat up, his suddenly panicked expression worrying Jungkook as he quickly got up and made a run for the bathroom. Jungkook followed after him, trying to comfort him to the best of his abilities as he gently rubbed his back as he heaved the contents of his stomach into the toilet.

"Are you okay? Did you eat anything out of the ordinary lately?" Jungkook questioned.

"I-I'm not sure. I don't think I did." Jimin answered shakily once he'd stopped vomiting up what felt like everything he'd eaten since yesterday

"I d-don't wanna be sick f-for Haneul's birthday." He started getting choked up, frustrated with how he was feeling.

"Hey, it's gonna be okay. You'll be feeling better before her party. I'll make you some tea and some toast if you're up to eat anything." Jungkook nodded, helping Jimin up to his feet.

He flushed the toilet before washing his hands and brushing his teeth to get the vile taste out of his mouth, slowly making his way back for the bed to lay down. It was still early, only eight in the morning and he had plenty of time to start feeling better. Jimin only felt nauseas and no other symptoms, so he wasn't exactly sure what it even was.

"I'm gonna go make you some tea, okay? Do you think you'll be able to eat something?" Jungkook asked.

"Yeah, I think so." Jimin responded.

"You're gonna be okay, Jimin. I don't want you feeling anxious or anything." The older spoke softly, leaning down to kiss his forehead sweetly. "I'll be right back." He said before leaving the room.

Jimin's automatic assumption was that's he'd caught a stomach bug. They always started going around this time of year and were fairly easy to get if you aren't careful enough. His second thought was that it really could've been something he'd eaten yesterday, but Jimin could help shift his thoughts to something else.

It felt so unlikely because of what his doctor had told him a month ago, but he couldn't help but wish that was the reason why. Deep down, Jimin still hoped that it was temporary, but in most cases for men especially, sudden infertility always happened after having one kid. So he couldn't be pregnant, right?

Jungkook came back into the room minutes later with a mug of peppermint green tea, which would help calm his stomach, and slightly burned toast with strawberry jam. Jungkook made the toast slightly burned because the charred bits were to known to help soak up any toxins in Jimin's stomach in case he did have food poisoning. He'd learned that trick from his mom anytime he was sick when he was little.

Jimin thanked him, carefully sipping the hot tea which ended up helping tremendously with the nausea, so much to the point where he felt back to his normal self after drinking only half of it. He just hoped that his toast would stay down and it wasn't a stomach bug. Jimin did not want to be sick all day for Haneul's birthday.

After finishing his tea and eating a little bit of toast, Jimin slightly adjusted his body further down the bed, resting his head against Jungkook's chest as he closed his eyes. Jungkook wrapped his arms around him carefully, reaching a hand up to place his index finger beneath his chin to make Jimin look up at him.

"You feeling any better, love?" He whispered.

"Yeah, surprisingly. I don't know why I felt so sick all of a sudden." Jimin shook his head slightly

They both peered into each other's eyes, Jimin smirking faintly as Jungkook gave him a confused look.

"What?" Jungkook whispered.

"I really like when you call me that." Jimin admitted.

"Love?" The man guessed, and Jimin nodded.

"It's sweet." He said.

They went quiet for a while, only because Jungkook started having the same thoughts that Jimin had just been feeling moments ago. It was...odd how he'd suddenly gotten so sick and was just feeling better now. Just didn't seem right to him at all.

"Jimin, can I ask you something?" Jungkook started.

"Yeah, what is it?" Jimin murmured.

"I mean, it's an unrealistic theory, but, do you think you might be-"

"Jungkook, it's been weeks since we've last, y'know. I think I would've known earlier. It was probably something I ate last night." Jimin cut him off. "I don't wanna get my hopes up, okay? I'm not pregnant." He denied.

"Sorry, that was really stupid to think." Jungkook apologized.

"No, don't apologize. I wanted to think the same thing too, but I had to remember that it's really unlikely right now." Jimin explained.

To be fair, the younger couldn't get the thought off of his mind. His sudden infertility was initially caused by all the stress he'd been dealing with regarding his anxiety before he was even diagnosed. But now that he was, and had been on medication, Jimin hadn't been stressed at all. In all honesty, the boy had been so...happy. Jungkook being back home more to spend time with him and Haneul made him feel so much better. It was starting to seem not so far fetched anymore.

"Was Haneul still asleep when you checked on her?" Jimin asked.

"Half asleep, but she drifted back off as I was leaving her room." Jungkook chuckled.

"I'm still kinda sleepy myself." Jimin admitted.

"Well, it is still early. Go back to sleep for a little while. We don't have to start getting ready for Haneul's party until noon." The man insisted, tightening his hold around Jimin.

"You sure?" Jimin whispered.

Jungkook smiled softly, leaning his head down to press his lips onto Jimin's. It was short and sweet, the kiss lasting a mere second but Jimin was eager for more, reconnecting their lips. He liked kissing Jungkook, a lot. The feeling of their lips against each other's, it was like an addictive drug, and Jimin was hooked.

Jungkook lifted a hand up to caress Jimin's face, the younger seemingly about to deepen the kiss, but Jungkook broke away. They stared into each other's eyes, the older breaking into a smile as a quiet laugh left the both of their mouths.

"Thought you were still sleepy?" Jungkook teased as he kept their foreheads pressed together.

"I am. I just wanted to kiss you." Jimin returned the energy, Jungkook wanting to melt then and there at his adorableness.

In a less needy manner, Jungkook kissed him once more, placing another onto his forehead before they leaned away from each other. Jimin rested his head back onto Jungkook's chest, sighing contently as he held onto him. He closed his eyes, savoring the warmth of his husband's embrace as he drifted back off to sleep.

However, he fell back asleep still slightly troubled by the thought that maybe he could be pregnant, so before he was finally back off to dreamland, Jimin decided he was going to take a test later that evening.

...

A/n: next chapter is the last chapter T~T