14.

Jimin had become heavily concerned for Jungkook the past couple of days. After they'd come back home from spending a few nights at his father's house, his mood had started to completely deteriorate.

He was smiling a lot less and just seemed to not want to do anything but lay in bed all day.

After Jimin laid Haneul down for her nap, he went back to their bedroom where Jungkook was laying down, a glum look upon his face.

"You feeling okay?" Jimin asked quietly as he sat on the bed beside him. "I'm fine, I'm just tired." He responded blandly. "You've been like this for nearly three days now, are you sure?" He asked.

"I'm fine, Jimin. Please don't bother me." Jungkook breathed out, obvious tears glossing over his eyes. "M'kay, I was just making sure." Jimin whispered, combing his fingers through Jungkook's hair comfortingly.

"If something was wrong, you'd tell me, right?" He wondered. Jimin wasn't trying to force Jungkook to express his feelings, but then again, he didn't want the man's emotions to build up so much until they explode.

"Yes, but nothing's wrong. You don't fucking know what I'm thinking about so stop assuming things." Jungkook frowned slightly.

Jimin was quite taken aback, knowing Jungkook was upset which is why he responded that way. "Okay, I'm sorry." He apologized,

"I'm going out to visit Jin. Do you think you'll be okay by yourself with Haneul?" Jimin asked. "Yes." Jungkook mumbled. "Okay, I love you." He leaned down, placing a kiss onto Jungkook's forehead.

"Whatever's going on with you, I hope you'll tell me so I can help you." He whispered. The man didn't respond, Jimin letting out a sigh as he stood up to leave.

....

Once arrived at Jin and Namjoon's apartment, Jin let him inside. "Hey, what's up?" Jin greeted as they sat in the living room.

"I don't know, I think something's wrong with Jungkook. His mother said some really mean things to him some days ago and he's just been upset all the time. He wouldn't even get out of bed today." Jimin started

"Jimin, maybe he's struggling with depression. You ever think about that?" Jin wondered. "Yeah, but I seriously don't know what to do. He told me about how he did in high school, but I didn't think he still was." He sighed.

"I think the issue with his mom probably instigated it." Jin suggested. "He won't let me talk to him about it and I'm scared eventually he might get...those thoughts." The younger worried.

"Maybe try again tonight. Or just give it a few days, okay?" Jin said and Jimin nodded.

....

Eventually Jungkook did have to get out of the bed once Haneul woke up from her nap. Jimin wasn't home yet, which he weirdly regret letting him leave. He should've told him to stay so he could tell him how he was feeling.

Jungkook scooped the little baby up into his arms, smiling sadly as he peered into her pretty eyes. "I'm sorry, sweetie. You and Jimin seriously don't deserve me." He whispered, gently stroking her chubby cheek with his thumb.

"I've hurt his feelings a lot, and even though I've apologized and he's forgiven me, I still can't forgive myself for it. It hurts a lot." Jungkook sighed, Haneul making a small noise as she reached up and lightly grabbed onto one of Jungkook's fingers with her hand.

He hummed quietly, eyes welling up with tears. "And on top of that, my mother hates me for seemingly no reason. I-It feels like everyone does." Jungkook started to cry.

"Maybe I really am a terrible person." He breathed out, sniffling as Haneul whined quietly. "I know, Dada isn't supposed to cry, but I can't help it." He let out a bitter laugh.

"Please don't hate me when you grow up." Jungkook whispered to the baby, more tears continuing to fall as he held her close.

He heard the front door open and close, internally cursing at the timing. Jungkook really didn't want Jimin to see him crying.

He walked over to the window, watching as the sun started to set. Jungkook listened as Jimin opened the room door, gaining a bit of composure as he sauntered over to him.

"Hi sweetie, did you get some rest." Jimin spoke softly to Haneul. "Jungkook?" He began. "Hmm?" Jungkook hummed, afraid if he opened his mouth to speak he'd started crying all over again.

"Are you feeling a little better?" Jimin asked, giving the man a comforting back hug. "I don't know." Jungkook mumbled.

"You can talk to me, you know? Whatever's bothering you isn't going to go away until you speak up. I'm here for you too, Jungkook." Jimin spoke quietly.

"Jimin, I really d-dont- damnit." Jungkook let out as his voice wavered slightly. He laid Haeul back down so he could quickly wipe the tears away.

He turned around to face Jimin, tightly swinging his arms around him as he gave up and let the tears fall. "Jungkook, please tell me what's wrong. You're worrying me so much." The younger tried.

"I've told you like a hundred times before, and I'd think b-by now maybe you'd know." Jungkook hiccuped. "I really don't have a clue, Jungkook." Jimin said.

"I know you probably won't tell me today, but please talk to me soon about it. It hurts me seeing you like this too." He insisted.

"I'm sorry, baby." Jungkook whispered. "No, don't apologize. You didn't do anything." Jimin shook his head. "I did though. I shouldn't have spoken to you like that before you left." The older recalled.

"Why do I keep screwing things up between us?" Jungkook cried. "Jungkook..." Jimin carefully caressed the man's face. "I didn't take what you said personally. I understand why you acted that way and I'm not upset." He said.

"But that doesn't make it right." Jungkook retorted.

"How about we talk later on tonight, okay? After I put Haneul to bed. Can you tell me everything then?" Jimin tried one last time.

Jungkook hesitantly nodded, Jimin wiping away his tears as he pressed a kiss onto his lips. "I love you, and all I really want right now is for you to be happy again." He whispered.

Jungkook would go back to his normal self eventually, but it wasn't going to be that easy.