42.

Jimin's eyes widened slightly at the scale and modernity of the restaurant they'd just arrived at. As much as he loved Jungkook doing all these things for him, he couldn't imagine how much money the man was dropping just for him.

They entered into the building, getting a rush of warm air to shield them from the cooler air outside. Jungkook approached the receptionist's desk, waiting for the man to finish whoever he was on the phone with before he could let him know he'd arrived for the table that was reserved just for them.

"Hello, sir, how may I help you this evening?" He questioned with a friendly smile.

"Table for 'Jeon'." Jungkook answered.

The man swiftly typed a few things onto the keyboard, eyes glued to the computer screen as he scrolled for a while. He then promptly stood up, collecting two menus from the stack in his desk beside him.

"Alrighty, Mr. Jeon, right this way sir." He said before leading the couple towards a staircase.

It was about three flights of stairs until they ready the top floor, the receptionist leading the couple towards the back of the dining room to a door that led to an exclusive outdoor lounge/dining area. Of course Jungkook paid extra for that just for him.

There were only about 4 tables out there on the large deck, though only one of them was occupied by another couple who seemed to be wrapping up their date anyways. The tables had warming lanterns around them to protect them from the frigid weather, and the entire area was also decorated with cute fall decor. On the other side was a billiards table and a lounge area with a bar and comfy chairs accompanied by a large flat screen tv placed on the wall.

It was all beyond luxurious, and as always, Jungkook just had to buy the best of the best just for Jimin.

The two were seated at a table closer to the railing overlooking the lake and the rest of the park, Jimin letting out a contented sigh at how peaceful the ambience was from there.

"Your waiter will arrive soon to take your orders. Have a wonderful night!" The receptionist spoke enthusiastically as he placed their menus down before leaving.

At that, the two both looked at each other at the same time, Jimin shaking his head slightly as a mischievous grin grew across Jungkook's face. Jimin hated that stupid teasing look he'd give him all the time. Well, not literally, just disliked the amount of butterflies that would erupt in his tummy at the intent stare.

"You seriously didn't have to do all of this for me." Jimin spoke up.

"Of course I did, it's you're birthday. I want it to be special." Jungkook's expression softened.

"How much did all of the cost anyways?" The younger wondered.

He knew that Jungkook was rich and all, and the restaurant seemed fancy as is, but getting access to their exclusive outdoor dining space with other luxuries sounded very expensive. Nothing beat the hotel that costed $30,000 a night they stayed at for their honeymoon though.

"Don't worry about it." Jungkook winked before glancing back down to scan through the menu.

Once decided on what they wanted to eat, the waiter was back to jot down their orders. Jimin ordered first, opting for a more western dish of a burger and fries, Jungkook ordering the exact same thing as him. Although, Jimin almost didn't want to order anything because of the absurdity of the prices. The cheapest thing was a salad and it was $75 dollars.

"Jungkook, a hundred and fifty dollars for a burger itself is kinda crazy. It better be the best burger I've eaten in my life." Jimin mumbled as soon as the waiter disappeared.

"It's good, trust me. I've had the food here before." Jungkook chuckled at Jimin as the boy continued to read off prices in the menu.

"Three hundred seventy-five for steak?!" He gasped, slowly looking up at Jungkook.

The older simply laughed, unsure of how to justify choosing this restaurant other than it was Jimin's birthday, and he only wanted him to have the best of the best on this day. The younger truly meant a lot to him so he genuinely didn't care how much money he spent for him, not like money would ever be an issue for him. He'd buy the entire world for Jimin if that was humanly possible.

When their food finally arrived, Jimin was actually fairly pleased with its taste, though he still thought that it shouldn't be priced like that being he's had similar tasting food at obviously lower prices. The two happily conversed like any other date they'd go on, Jimin doing most of the rambling per usual as Jungkook sat and listened, only responding when he really needed. It was adorable watching the boy jump from topic to topic without a pause, a particular spark in his eyes as he talked away about whatever came to his mind.

Though they both did go quiet for quite some time, Jungkook requesting their waiter for the bill so he could pay and they could continue on with their date. Only it wouldn't stay quiet much longer because Jungkook was reminded of something.

"Hey Jimin?" He started, clearing his throat to catch the younger's attention.

"Yeah?" Jimin answered, glancing up at him.

"Um, I know brining up Taehyung is kind of touchy right now, but, he sent you a birthday card." The man revealed.

"I mean, I don't have it with me now. It's back at home for you to read when you open all your gifts, but I just wanted you to know as a forewarning." Jungkook explained.

"He lied..." Jimin's eyebrows furrowed, letting out a shaky breath.

He'd vividly remembered Taehyung saying in the long letter he'd wrote to Jimin the day of his wedding that he wouldn't be contacting him anymore and there'd be no way to contact him. Maybe he'd imagined it, maybe he didn't. However the news surely took him by surprise. He didn't expect Taehyung would be the one to contact him first after the big dramatic stunt he'd pulled some months back.

"Jungkook, where was it mailed from, if you can remember?" He suddenly asked.

"Daegu." Jungkook said. "Just as we guessed he was probably staying." He let out a bitter laugh.

"So he really never left South Korea." Jimin couldn't believe Taehyung had lied.

Only it made sense he did. The boy was too heartbroken in the moment to want to ever run into Jimin again. Knowing the love of his life was happily in love with someone else and marrying them tore him to pieces. He didn't want contact with the boy at all. However his heart was healing, and subtly revealing where he really was indeed was his next step on completely coming to terms with it. He was going to have to see Jimin again someday whether he wanted to or not.

"I know it's heavy news, but I just thought you should know before we got back home." Jungkook said.

"No, I understand, really. Thanks." Jimin nodded.

Once the food was paid for, Jungkook stood up and held out his hand for Jimin to hold, the boy smiling faintly as he reached his own hand out and grasped Jungkook's, allowing their fingers to comfortably lock together so they could go and leave the restaurant, heading to their next stop in the park for their date.