46.

Just as promised, Jungkook had stayed home from work the next day. Jimin had woken up, expecting Jungkook to be gone, but was happy the feel the man's strong arms still wrapped around him. His eyes slowly fluttered open, leaning his head up slightly and immediately meeting eyes with Jungkook as they both smiled faintly.

"You didn't think I was gonna keep my promise, huh?" He teased, Jimin shrugging in response.

"Well, I'm here, and I'll be with you all day." Jungkook assured, leaning down to place a kiss onto his forehead.

"I have my doctors appointment in a couple of hours, we should probably get up soon." Jimin suggested quietly.

Desperate for answers, Jimin had called his doctor last night to set up an appointment despite Jungkook's pleas that he was okay and surely there was nothing seriously wrong. But Jimin just knew, he just knew that something wasn't quite right. All of the trying and nothing came from it? It just didn't make sense to the younger.

"Jungkook?" He whispered, the man nodding as if yo tell him to keep talking. "I'm really scared." Jimin admitted.

"I don't want you to be. You're gonna be okay, baby." Jungkook whispered back.

They laid there cuddled in each other's arms for another half hour, Jungkook trying his best to comfort Jimin as he just couldn't seem to stop thinking of the worst. It was hard for Jungkook seeing the younger like this, so mentally panicked and anxiety ridden. He simply didn't know exactly what to do to make things better.

They both got up to eat breakfast, however Jimin barely touched his plate of food. He felt too sick to even try and eat. Him and Jungkook both heard shuffling from the baby monitor, Jungkook deciding he'd go get Haneul so they could give her some breakfast as well.

Jungkook headed upstairs to Haneul's bedroom, the toddler sitting up in her crib hugging one of her plushies and adorably sucking on her pacifier. The man couldn't help but awe at the sight. Upon seeing Jungkook, Haneul dropped the stuffy and reached her arms up for him, eyes big and glimmering as she watched him approach her crib.

"Hi, bun!" He grinned happily as he scooped her up into his arms.

"Dada!" She squeaked through her paci, happy to see him.

It'd felt like ages since she'd woken up in the morning and Jungkook was actually home to greet her. The older, in all honesty, missed being home all the time like he used to. Jungkook just felt obligated to work because of his dad, although his father would rather him stay home with the baby as much as he could. It was really all rooted in how he grew up. He had no friends at his young age, and helping his father at work filled the void from a younger age into adulthood. But now that void was replaced with something better, a family of his own, and he'd eventually need to let his past go.

"You get enough rest, hmm? You feeling better, bun?" He spoke softly to her as they headed back downstairs to the kitchen where Jimin was starting to eat tiny bites of his food.

"You want my mom to watch her while we go to your appointment?" Jungkook wondered.

"Yeah, that's fine." Jimin responded.

Jungkook sat the toddler in her high chair, fixing the little one a bowl of yogurt with fruit before he pulled her to the table beside him to feed her while he ate too. Haneul had gotten over her fever and was feeling much better now, thankfully. Jimin didn't think he could deal with another day of her sickly tantrums.

"If you aren't hungry right now, I'm not making you eat." Jungkook pointed to Jimin's plate, in which the boy was shoving pieces of pancakes around it.

"Sorry, I'm just too nervous to eat." Jimin shook his head, looking up at Jungkook to see how worried he was.