Sabo says catch and release! Part 1

It was your last day with these hooligans. Koala said that the ship will arrive to the next island before the sun goes down. You tried your skills in cleaning the floors of the dock but two hours later, there's no progress at all. It's the least you could do for them taking you out of your hometown. You offered them some of your jewels but they declined. You don't feel safe with Sabo around so instead of locking yourself inside a room, you'd rather go out and spend some time with the crowd.

"_______ kun, don't you think mopping the floor is a bit hard for you? go on take a break" Hack the fishman said.

You took what he said as an insult. You glared at him for a second and then rolling your eyes. "I'm better than you think I am. " you growled as you grip the old wooden mop so hard your hands splintered.

"what? Oh no! I'm just concerned about you _____ kun." He said. Your hand grew weak with guilt. The mop fall on the floor hitting hack's toe making him yelp in pain. You tried to hold back your guilty tears as you look at him with a pout.

"I'm sorry hack san" you said as your tears escaped. You really don't get why these people are so nice to you when you haven't done anything for them.

"I should be the one crying!" hack shouted.

After being told by hack that you don't do well on mopping the floor, you asked koala what you could do to help and she told you to catch something for lunch. It wasn't easy as you thought it would be. The sun is at its hottest and you felt it toasting your skin like bread and butter. Some started joining you in fishing and pretty much, they're catching. You look at the empty bucket beside and you sigh.

"what's the matter noble girl?" one of the crew asked. you glared at him before answering.

"I can't catch a fish" you mumble. He took the rod out of your hand and checked the hook.

"noble girl, It's a common knowledge to put a bait before you fish!" he shouted and cracked in laughter. You look at him furiously embarrassed. You took the rod out of his hands quickly. He was still laughing like crazy which made you chuckle a bit.

"okay, okay! It's my first time fishing, go easy on me will you? " you shouted cause he laughs so loud he wouldn't be able to hear you if you didn't. Some of them started laughing even more. You are embarrassed but you like how it felt laughing with them.

After learning and catching fish you went straight to koala to show her what you caught.

"Koala chan! Look what I caught!" you wave the bucket of fish. She was genuinely happy for you.

"that's nice _____ chan" She hugged you tight and rubbed your head in praise.

"they taught me how to fish! You people are nice" you said to her.

"of course we are~ oh yeah, Sabo was looking for you, has he talk to you yet?" she asked. you pulled out of her hug slowly staring at the floor. After what had happened you don't want to see him. You haven't seen him all day and if you did, you would be avoiding or hiding from him.

"no. I haven't seen him all day." You told her. She just smiled back with her big blue eyes locked on yours.

"if you need me, I'll be in the kitchen cooking" you added. she nods and waved goodbye.

After getting lost on your way, you finally found the kitchen. You reached for the door and hesitated for a moment before opening it. You slowly pushed the door open and found the blonde boy. Your heart started pounding.