Sabo says stay!

He pulls you out of the box but your knees were too weak. You are not used to tight places that’s why your knees were strained being cramped inside the box for hours. You tripped as you step out of the box and fell on his chest. He quickly supported you and grabbed your waist as he slowly pulls you back away from him.

“You alright?” he asked in a calm almost whispering way.

You nodded meekly. But you are not alright. Your heart beats fast. Though he had pulled you away from him, your hand still rest on his chest. And you are certain. God you are certain that you also feel his heart beat racing.  You look at his face closer as he stares back at you. Both your faces turned red and tried to push each other away. But instead, the ship shook hard and both of you fell on the ground. Sabo now beneath you, grunted in pain while you are in trance, observing every inch of his face.

Your observation was cut off when a bob haired female busted the door open even though it was locked by sabo a while ago.

“SABO! Some pirates are trying to pick uhhh--- ” she screamed but stopped when she saw you guys on the floor.

“So strong~” you muttered in amusement.

“What are you guys doing?” she asked with a smile on her face.

'Her eyes are huge… well huge in a cute way' you thought to yourself.

“It’s not time for questions koala. I’ll handle the pirates, go check the ship” Sabo interrupted as he carefully sat down and put you aside. And they both left in no second.

'What is this feeling?' you asked yourself.

The room continues to feel heavier but you like how it felt. Your heart started racing fast again as images of sabo flashes through your mind. You’ve only been together for twenty minutes and now he’s imprinted on your mind like a tattoo. You started to control your breathing and calm your senses.

“Sabo” you muttered.

“You clearly took your time fixing yourself. How’d you know I was there?” Sabo startled you. You didn’t really actually felt his presence. You just wanted to repeat his name for some reasons.

“How long was I-... the pirates attack…. I uhmm” you nervously said.

“The pirates? I destroyed their ship already. They wouldn’t be bothering us for a while.” He assured you.

“Oh yeah, this is koala, and this merman here is hack.” Sabo introduces you to lady you saw earlier and a merman wearing a Gi.  

“Nice to meet you” koala and the hack greeted.

You stood up and tried to smile. Most of, if not all, the merman you saw in Mariejoa are slaves. Not just any kind of slaves, they’re like a higher class of slaves because they are harder to catch. You shudder in fear that he’ll hurt you now that you are not protected by any guards.  

“Nice to meet you too.. I guess” you said reluctantly, scared of what’s about to happen. You glance at Sabo who’s glaring at you. Telepathically telling you to act normal and greet them nicely if you don’t want to become a fish feed. <Somehow, Sabo’s stare is scarier than being punch by that fish.> you thought to yourself.

“Nice to meet you too. Please call me _____. I won’t be staying here for long. So please ignore me and mind your own business” you bowed your head to them. Something that a world noble would never do to anyone yet here you are, bowing to them.

'Rule number one, accept that you are not a world noble anymore' you lectured yourself. You heard them laughing.

You find yourself glancing at sabo again as if you are asking for his approval or seeking for a treat like a dog for doing something good. He smiled at you. And there goes your heart pumping fast again. He patted your head twice. You loved it. As a celestial dragon, no one dared to pat your head for doing good stuff. Or maybe you weren’t just doing any good deeds.

“Let’s save the chit chat for some other time, you could go and rest for the day. Come I’ll show you the way to your room” Sabo said as he leads you to where you’ll be spending the night.

“If you need anything just knock on that door. That’s my room over there. Best you don’t stick your nose on someone else’s room” He pointed out another door inside the room where you’ll be staying.

“You gotta stay low profile remember? So don’t go outside this room without my permission.”  He added.

“I can handle myself” you pouted as you try to close the door and lock Sabo outside your room.

“Okay, okay. ” he chuckled as he pushes on the other side of the door.

“I’ll explain our situation to Hack and Koala so wait for me” finally, you’ve closed the door and locked it. And what you did next was something you wish you didn’t do.