New Beginning

"Main kyu niche aau?" Swamini was nervous. Sumedh was in room to take her with him.

"Because papa wants to meet you.. Finally" Sumedh said.

"Main bhool gaya tha ki main Mini vahini ko lene aaya tha" Rudransh, who was busy playing video game, said

Sumedh looked at him and sighed "Apne room me jao toh jara tum.. Main jata hoo main Swamini ko leke. Trip ka confirm ho jayega toh tumhe bula lenge"

Rudransh got irritated "Sab mujhe idhar udhar bhej rahe hai" He said

Swamini and Sumedh both chuckled "Are abhi ke liye jao hamara thodasa serious discussion chal raha hai"

Rudransh angrily stood up and left. Sumedh closed the door and turned towards Swamini.

"Saheb aapke papa ko main pasand nahi aane wali.. And if you wanna leave me, do it here. Tell me here and right now. I don't want anything between us to happen in front of our family.." Swamini said.

"Kya kehna chahti ho tum? Ki main abhi tumhe batau ki main tumhe divorce dena chahta hoo aur khatam karna chahta hoo sab? Tum sochti ho main sabke samne tumhe bolunga ki mummy ki sath nikal jao?" Sumedh asked.

"Mummy toh nahi ja rahi na.. Unko nahi jane de rahe aap.. Par meri baat alag hai" Swamini said

"Kyu alag hai?" Sumedh asked.

"Wo aapki Maa hai.. Unki sab galatiya maaf hai.. Par main koi nahi hoo.. I remember you telling me that you never loved anyone even though you have been with tons of women.. I don't consider myself special.." Swamini said "I always knew you would leave me.."

"I don't understand you Swamini.. You knew I would leave you and you knew this marriage doesn't mean anything to me and the second my father stands behind me I would back out.. And yet you have all the feelings for me.. You knew being physical with you wasn't a big deal for me because that's all I had with all those other women.. And yet you decided to go ahead with it.. And here you are ready to forget everything and leave.. Ready to leave my life, house, family" Sumedh said "Is it that easy for you?"

Swamini felt tears in her eyes "No" She answered "But I am trying to be tough.. I've prepared myself for the worst because my life is filled with worst experiences"

Sumedh saw tears in her eyes.

"Mere sath kabhi kuch accha nahi hota.. Kabhi nahi.. Aaj tak agar kuch accha hua hai toh mera aapse shaadi karna, idhar aana, itne sare acche logose milna.. I was scared that one day everything will be over.. And when it ends I wanted to experience everything.. I wanted to create memories because that's what I'll be left with.. " Swamini said.

" So why do you never fight for what you want? " Sumedh asked.

" Because I love you " Swamini suddenly confessed" I love you and I want you to be happy.. And I don't want to force anything.. Main toh yaadon me jee lungi par aapko jabardasti bandh ke rakhungi toh shayad jo acchi yaadein hai wo mit jayengi aur unki jagah bahot kadwi cheeze tayyar ho jayengi"

Sumedh felt butterflies in his stomach when she confessed her love. She had never said out aloud. Sumedh could see in her eyes how much she loved him, how much she adored him. But when she said it out aloud all those lovely moments that he had spent with her flashed in front of his eyes.

Swamini was silent. Her lashes were down. Sumedh went ahead and made her look up by pushing up her chin.

"we've been living together for months now.. Didn't you ever feel that what you feel for me might be mutual? Not even for a second?" Sumedh asked.

Swamini looked into his eyes "No" She replied.

Sumedh sighed "Maine kuch galat kiya hai ya tum galat ho Swamini?"