Contradiction

*Time to know other people and their lives*

Prithviraj waited for his car to come. Cool breeze hit him and he felt that winter was coming closer.

He saw his car coming and Aaradhya was sitting in it.

"Tum kaha gayi thi?" He asked as car stopped in front of him.

"Pas wale Gaanv me. Waha ek aurat ki delivery karne" She told "Itna cute sa beta hua uska"

Prithviraj scoffed "Beta hua toh kuch 12-13 saal me bandook de denge use"

"Sab ganv me rehne wale log Naxal nahi hote Saheb" She said.

"Waha sab innocent bhi nahi hote.. Naxal nahi hai toh wo Naxals ko chhupate hai" He retorted.

"I don't think so" She said "Besides main jyada dangerous village me nahi gayi thi"

Prithviraj narrowed his eyes and looked at her as he sensed that she was lying. She ignored and didn't look at him in the eyes. He sighed and sat in. As car started he looked out of window.

Gadchiroli district in Maharashtra was a special one. No government officer ever wants a posting here. Those who tend to piss off the politicians usually end up being in this district.

Prithviraj on the other hand wanted the posting very badly. There were several reasons. One of them was that he was going to be promoted to SSP rank in police department which is a special one for such conflicted areas. Second was his determination to end naxalism. He hated the fact that naxalites had guts to harm civilians, loot them, harras police officers and in general break law by every means. He hated that no one was gutsy enough to face them. But he believed he was! He wanted to bring change and he had some serious ideas.

So When Abhimanyu became CM he knew his way towards his desired posting was clear.

His wife, Aaradhya, was not in favor of his posting but she supported him anyway when she got to know that she could work for tribal people more closely. She fearlessly walked in jungles and bastis of tribal people. Without for a minute thinking about her husband's post.

Prithviraj always used to worry for her. He knew how many people wanted to hurt him and how many enemies he had and she never cared. She was actually going into those people who daily saw naxalites. Many of them were in business with them. So he tried to make Aaradhya understand but she never listened to him.

Aaradhya had different views. She loved helping people. She cared for their life. kindness in her nature never allowed her to distinguish between people like Prithviraj used to do. She never agreed with him over this thing. He believed that killing them is the only option and she believed that they should give these people a chance. Two different poles indeed!

Aaradhya looked out and saw poster of a man "This man" She said "I've seen this man in some village or may be in jungle when I went to help some wounded men"

Prithviraj dropped his jaw "He is a very influential naxal leader. Second in rank of their hierarchy. Government has set up reward of ten lakhs on him. We are searching for him from many months"

"Oh" She exclaimed.

"What Oh?" Prithviraj was angry "You are.. You're so careless Aaradhya. Do you know how dangerous it is? Can you just stay into safe limits of this area and help people? Why do you have to go into jungle?"

"I am a doctor. I have sworn to treat people who are ill"

"Ill or wounded? You help those people who attack me and my officers. Also civilians of my country"

"Saheb you're overreacting" She said "I help those people and I help you people too. For me there is no difference between you people and them. I can not differentiate"