Reunion

*In this chapter I am going to give images of characters when they're mentioned so that no one gets confused*

Amit was sitting in front of his mother's dead body. Accident was very brutal so her face was distorted so it was covered. He couldn't think. His mind was numb. She met him that morning and their last meeting was very unusual.

Purvi, Amit's wife, came there. She kept her hand on his shoulder.

"Mujhe samajh nahi aa raha kuch Purvi" Amit said

"Kyu?" She asked.

"Mummy jab aaj subah mujhse mili.. She was very different" Amit told "Unhone kaha ki unke sapne me unke papa aaye the. Wo bata rahe the ki wo bahot sad hai aur akele hai. Unhone yeh bhi kaha ki unko bahot bura lagta hai ki unke tin bacche aapas me jhadgte hai aur mummy hi hai jo ab sab thik kar sakti hai. Unko hi kuch aisa karna padega ki sab thik ho jaye"

"That's unusual. Sabke jhagde khatam karna mummy ka kaam toh nahi tha. Wo aisi thi nahi ki haar maan le.. Picche aa jaye. Jhagda khatam kare" Purvi's tone started changing. She narrowed her eyes.

"I know. She told me ki wo Mama aur mausi se milne jayegi. Unko samjhayengi" Amit told "Aur aisa ho gaya"

"Haan. Par ab sab ek sath aa rahe hai. Unki maut useless nahi hai. Kuch toh karke gayi hai wo" Purvi said "Don't be sad"

Amit knew his wife didn't like his mother. They always had their differences. But this wasn't the time. He looked at her "She's dead. You do understand, right?"

"Sorry" Purvi lowered her lashes "Log aa rahe hai. Main dekh ke aati hoo" She left.

****

Mudgalkars and their extended family was a typical, patriarchal and traditional Marathi family. They had maintained their traditional values which at times were irritating for women in the house. Mudgalkars, Deshpandes and Agnihotris were members of this extended family. Three main siblings, their Spouses and respective childern. Then children's spouses. The count was big. But if we consider immediate and first cousins then Prithviraj was the eldest followed by Ridhi, then Amit, then Sumedh
and Rudransh was the yongest. Prithviraj's wife Aaradhya, Ridhi's husband Ruturaj and Amit's wife Purvi were new addition.

Amit Deshpande was Aasha Deshpande's only son. His father Ajit Deshpande was a government engineer. Their family had a traditional business of gold. Ajit wasn't interested but Amit decided to go into his family business.

 Ajit wasn't interested but Amit decided to go into his family business