Care

Sumedh was driving Swamini home. She was continuously smiling but quietly. How was she so silent? Today Sumedh became sure that she was silent just around him and not around her friends. May be she was awkward and reasons were obvious! They were married off without even watching each other before let alone knowing each other.

His phone rang. Ridhi was calling.

"Haan Didi" He answered.

"Sumedh" Ridhi's voice echoed in car as his phone was connected to car's Bluetooth.

"Bolo" Sumedh answered "Amit nikal gaya hai bahar. Fine de dega, formalities hogi, shaam tak ghar pohoch jayega"

"Wo jane do.. Tum yeh batao ki Swamini Vahini ka kya scene hua hai? Papa bahot gussa hai" Ridhi said.

Sumedh widened his eyes "Who told him?"

"Someone from college called him" Ridhi said "Pehle hi wo bahot gussa hai kyu ki Vidhan sabha me jo bhi hua.. Amit aur Purvi Vahini ka case, Bhaiyya saheb aur Vahini Saheb ka alag.. Tum Gujarat wapis chale gaye the.. Aur ab yeh? She was caught with drugs?"

"She was caught high on Marijuana" Sumedh said "Uske pas kuch mila toh nahi hai.. Idk anything else. I am taking her home"

"Can she hear me?" Ridhi asked.

"Ahh.. Yes. But she's high" Sumedh said.

"Vahini" Ridhi ignored and said.

"Hi Didi" Swamini said in excitement.

"Kaha se mila tumhe gaanja?" Ridhi asked.

"Mujhe nahi mila gaanja" Swamini said with innocent face "I swear mujhe nahi mila.. I was.. I was there with my friends then I suddenly started feeling funny"

Sumedh sighed "I guess she's high because someone else was smoking"

"Hota hai kya aisa?" Ridhi asked.

"Haan.. Smoke se high ho jate hai log.. Jinhone bilkul hi kabhi bhi nahi smell kiya ho" Sumedh told.

"Par ab yeh Papa ko kaun bataye" Ridhi said.

"Listen I've taken care of everything.. Kuch bahar nahi aayega.." Sumedh said.

"Aaj kal mujhe kismat pe bharosa nahi raha" Ridhi said.

"Didi.. Drama mat karo. Kuch nahi hoga" Sumedh said

"Fine. Dekh lena sab thik se" Ridhi said "Papa ki seat chali jaye is liye log har tarah ki cheeze dhund rahe hai"

"Aisa kuch nahi hoga" Sumedh said "Tum Pune aa rahi ho?"

"Haan. Nikal rahi hoo" Ridhi answered.

****

Swamini was walking perfectly so Sumedh just had to instruct her to go in her room. But he decided to walk her up there.

"You know" Swamini said "It's kinda weird that I call you Saheb.."

"I don't really like when you call me Saheb.. But I guess it's okay" Sumedh said "If you want to call me that you can"

"Oh right" Swamini said "Is this also from one of your precautions? I know you take precautions so that I won't be able to file any complaint against you.. Ya aap pe kisi bhi kism ki koi bhi case na ho"

"It's deeper than that" Sumedh said "When I'll file for divorce and I'll prove that I was a good husband and still it's not working then divorce will easily be granted"

Swamini heard this and froze. Sumedh understood that he shouldn't have said that.

"Divorce?" Swamini asked.